MOTHER IN LAWS

Options
124»

Replies

• cassandrarodriguez89
    cassandrarodriguez89 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    When I communicate to her in spanish she mistakes anything I say as something else. She see's the words coming out of my mouth as negative before they come out. So if I say "yo trabajo mucho, fiesta for ninos, muy suseo (spelling?) yo clean casa todo dia yesterday and today" she will mistake it as something TOTALLY DIFFERENT. I know I use a little english in the words but come on, she should try to work with me, its been 60 years she has spent learning english, going to english schools, spending many YEARS in the USA. She is just being mean. Those words are what I told her when she complained about a few dishes in the sink and a chocolate on the ground. Meanwhile the entire house was spotless besides that. Having 8 children visiting while you set up a huge easter party is not easy to clean up especially if your the only adult taking care of everyone.

But if you would have looked her dead in the eye and handed her the mop, there would be no mistaking what you meant? She already thinks you're rude and evil, you might as well enjoy the reputation. :D

PS: do you use Doulingo app? I just started and find it addictive, could do as little as five minutes per day. I'm gonna be listening to some Spanish podcasts next so I'm somewhat immersed in the language on an ongoing basis.

My husband says the spanish is not correct when I used it. He said mexican spanish is different. But I like the way you think!!!! LMAO!
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    Options
    Gimsteinn1 wrote: »
    Wow.. all of a sudden I feel like calling my mother in law and tell her how much I love her.

Yeah... my past relationships before I was married the mothers were so kind, respectful and good women. However they were also married with their husbands and my mother in law's husband left her for his secretary :| Maybe she needs a man. However men in her country seem to go for younger women if they are older. At least thats what I have seen. My husbands friend was married to a woman who was in her 30's and he was almost 60 :o
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    When I communicate to her in spanish she mistakes anything I say as something else. She see's the words coming out of my mouth as negative before they come out. So if I say "yo trabajo mucho, fiesta for ninos, muy suseo (spelling?) yo clean casa todo dia yesterday and today" she will mistake it as something TOTALLY DIFFERENT. I know I use a little english in the words but come on, she should try to work with me, its been 60 years she has spent learning english, going to english schools, spending many YEARS in the USA. She is just being mean. Those words are what I told her when she complained about a few dishes in the sink and a chocolate on the ground. Meanwhile the entire house was spotless besides that. Having 8 children visiting while you set up a huge easter party is not easy to clean up especially if your the only adult taking care of everyone.

But if you would have looked her dead in the eye and handed her the mop, there would be no mistaking what you meant? She already thinks you're rude and evil, you might as well enjoy the reputation. :D

PS: do you use Doulingo app? I just started and find it addictive, could do as little as five minutes per day. I'm gonna be listening to some Spanish podcasts next so I'm somewhat immersed in the language on an ongoing basis.

My husband says the spanish is not correct when I used it. He said mexican spanish is different. But I like the way you think!!!! LMAO!

You really believe Duolingo won't teach you how to say "clean", "yesterday", and "today" in Spanish?
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately when you marry your husband you marry their family too. Mine isn't this bad, but she's annoying. I just tolerate her despite how much it pains me. Kill her with kindness.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options

say to him in Mexican Spanish: I want to *kitten* your *kitten*.

tell us if he then understands Mexican Spanish..
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    Ya'll wont believe what just happened. The pediatrician sent me a text asking for me to do bloodwork on our baby... my husband says for me to f off and go to hel for taking our son to do mandatory bloodwork. He does this infront of his mom. His mother is poisoning him against me... she convinced him winston doesn't need the bloodwork and Im only doing it to watch ny son cry. If she is not out of my house tonight I am going to spazz out on my husband :s

Was he like this before you two got married and had a baby?

She has always been a little loopy but lately she is much more loopy and very, very conniving. She may have mental illness because she shakes alot, very badly and is prone to wild temper tantrums.

Sorry, I was asking about your husband

I dont see my husband very much since I had my baby. He likes going out alot and I cant go out with a baby...

The what now...?! Is it not his baby too?
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    Options

You really believe Duolingo won't teach you how to say "clean", "yesterday", and "today" in Spanish?

Yep. I think the app is going to teach me the words wrongly. My husband and his friend said the words were not correct. Im not going to study it if Im being told its wrong by several people. Rather learn from the words I pick up every now and then. This is not my fault regardless just because I only speak 1-2,000 words.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options

Yep. I think the app is going to teach me the words wrongly. My husband and his friend said the words were not correct. Im not going to study it if Im being told its wrong by several people. Rather learn from the words I pick up every now and then. This is not my fault regardless just because I only speak 1-2,000 words.

Interesting.
  • LonniJay
    LonniJay Posts: 3,740 Member
    Options
    Join the babycenter community at babycenter.com and go the the group All in The Family and post this there. They will give you all kinds of great tips on handling her and possibly break the cycle of abuse towards you. She needs to be put in her place because she is not the head b in charge of your family and needs to back off. Stop letting her stay in your home. When she visits she gets a hotel and when doesn't see you guys unless you're in public and no sharing rides that way you can leave and take the kids with you when she starts pissing you off. Your husband should also be defending you and stopping her when it happens. Present yourselves as a united front. I hope things get better.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Work it out. You love your husband, right? He loves his Mother, right? Give it your 100%. If it works out, your relationship with both of them will be better. If you honestly try to sort things out and fail, your husband will still know how you tried then it's up to him to remedy the situation.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    The reason for a baby being given water in a different feeder is because it will know when it is going to get milk and when it is something other. Imagine what it would be like if you never knew what to expect from the feel of what was put into your mouth. Introducing children to different things is natural otherwise they often will not accept anything new to them. All the very best, enjoy your little boy's company.

edit removed