Exercising but no results

Options
Hi I'm eating average 1800 calories per day and I do a cardio and weights class (2 hours) on Saturday, sometimes kettle bell and spin class on Sunday, football Monday and boxercise Tuesday. I've been doing this for about 7 weeks but I've seen no results at all. In fact I don't even feel fitter!!

How can that be? I've really made sure I'm eating less and from going from nothing to what I do now I was sure the weight would drop quite quick

I'm really despondent that it hasn't and the last couple of days I've slipped a bit

Anyone experienced the same or have any advice?

Thanks

Replies

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Are you not getting stronger and faster?

What do you currently weigh?

How are you confirming the calories you're eating?
  • Darrenmh316
    Darrenmh316 Posts: 19 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I'm not weighing my food but I am scanning where possible and have logged everything so I think it's as close to accurate as can be.

I got my average from the my fitness pal app for net calories weekly.

I'd have thought 1800 calories average and all the exercise would have done something by now. What would people suggest I do now?
  • crazyycatlady1
    crazyycatlady1 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'm not weighing my food but I am scanning where possible and have logged everything so I think it's as close to accurate as can be.

I'd have thought 1800 calories average and all the exercise would have done something by now. What would people suggest I do now?

If you're not using a food scale then you're not actually being as accurate as can be, and you really have no idea how many calories you're consuming. A food scale is under $20, get one and prepare to be shocked!
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options

Get a, digital food scale & weigh everything, you consume because you're consuming, more than; you believe! Also packages aren't accurate for every serving it, might be hundreds of calories extra than; what the package states & only consume, 50 ~ 75% of; your exercise calories because the calorie burns tend, to be; unrealistically high!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

your problem isnot weighing your food.

get a food scale
    weigh as many foods as you can
    log everything accurately
    give it three to four weeks
  • danigirl1011
    danigirl1011 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Well...there has been an ongoing debate on here for the 6 years i've been here that a calorie is a calorie. And if you are eating within your range you are good. I can tell you for a fact that is NOT true. I looked back at your diary and to be honest, i would say not feeling better and no results is coming from your eating. I am from USA and you have some different foods logged that i dont know, but eating bread and jam for breakfast and cheeseburgers and candy etc is not going to get you results. 80% of results come from food! Clean up your diet. More grains, eggs, tuna and fruits and veggies and you WILL see results i guarantee it. Try some homemade salads with a protein or two and lots of veggies with homemade dressings, oatmeal instead of bread and biscuits in the morning, low calorie cheese stick and a hardboiled egg to replace the yogurts, add avocado into your diet, etc. Hope this helps.
  • WorshipHK
    WorshipHK Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You're eating 4000 calories some days, 3000 others, not logging other days, not weighing your food.

Yeeeeeah. Looking through your diary, you're excessively eating WAY past that 1800 mark. Even on days where you're eating close to that range, you're still eating things like chocolate and other sweets and those calories could go toward something that would fill you up more and help you stay in that range.

It looks like you just gotta really buckle down on yourself. You can do it! :smile:
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Weight loss comes from a calorie deficit. Full stop. Doesn't even require exercise, but of course it's better with.

fascinating, but not helpful or relevant.

how is it not relevant??? it is directly addressing the problem presented~!

No it's not. It's stating a fact that's as obvious as gravity and thusly isn't at all useful in analyzing the problem.

It's a facile way to run off new posters and discourage them from having meaningful interactions.

how is telling someone to eat in a calorie deficit going to scare them off?

Because what you're saying is "you're too stupid to know this"

Thus, not helpful or relevant.

Other unhelpful phrases

Water is wet.
    The floor is down.

Most people're unable to, outrun their forks which's why; a calorie deficit's a necessity!
  • crazyycatlady1
    crazyycatlady1 Posts: 292 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Well...there has been an ongoing debate on here for the 6 years i've been here that a calorie is a calorie. And if you are eating within your range you are good. I can tell you for a fact that is NOT true. I looked back at your diary and to be honest, i would say not feeling better and no results is coming from your eating. I am from USA and you have some different foods logged that i dont know, but eating bread and jam for breakfast and cheeseburgers and candy etc is not going to get you results. 80% of results come from food! Clean up your diet. More grains, eggs, tuna and fruits and veggies and you WILL see results i guarantee it. Try some homemade salads with a protein or two and lots of veggies with homemade dressings, oatmeal instead of bread and biscuits in the morning, low calorie cheese stick and a hardboiled egg to replace the yogurts, add avocado into your diet, etc. Hope this helps.

A calorie is a unit of energy, and yes a calorie is a calorie is a calorie.
  • danigirl1011
    edited April 2017
    Options
    A_Rene86 wrote: »

Read the Twinkie diet post and tell me again how type of food supercedes the importance of a calorie deficit.

Hey lady, i never once said he didn't need a deficit. I would assume that he already should have a deficit if he is only eating 1800 calories but really has the amount of activity he already said he has! As well as how many other posters that said that he should have a deficit. I dont need to say that again.
  • danigirl1011
    Options

A calorie is a unit of energy, and yes a calorie is a calorie is a calorie.

You have a lot to learn.