Today's news on Diet Soda/Pop

Options
2»

Replies

• tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Forget today's "march for science" political protests. I'd march if it meant no more junk sensationalism in science reporting. And a major cleanup of science publishing.
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    All those reports that say diet drinks cause weight gain - I'll never understand that. I incorporate some artificially sweetened beverages into my weekly diet and have never craved more sweets, ate more than I planned or felt any different than if I drank a plain glass of water...

Isn't it generally because you eat more actual food because you think 'oh I've had a diet drink'?

At the end of the day, everything increases the risk of something. Being alive increases your chance of death 100%. I have two terminally ill parents on both ends of the spectrum, my father never took care of his diabetes, probably because he had really early onset dementia (vascular, brought on by diabetes) and is in kidney failure and my mum who has Stage 4 breast cancer and is the healthiest of all of us. So you're damned if you do, damned if you don't in my book so while I don't go out of my way to drink diet drinks but I won't say no if it's offered to me and I want it.

And in regards to even with my dad's case of type 2 and dementia, he was never a diet soda drinker. He has always been a coffee drinker.