Have you been CATFISHED?

Options
Bankman1989
Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
Ok i am confessing to watching the worst produced show on tv! Catfish on MTV is about people who have online dated someone without seeing them via skype or webcam.

You would think NO ONE is this gullible! But week after week it happens over and over! Except last week. For the first time BOTH WERE WHO THEY SAID THEY WERE!

So here it is: A chance to confess. Have you liked someone on-line without ever seeing them? Did you meet them only to find out it wasn't their actual pic..or gender?

Replies

• GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    bumping to read funny stories later :laugh: :tongue:
  • HarryDotter
    Options
    Never.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    I'm a french model
  • Katemarie34
    Katemarie34 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Bump for the stories :). I have never had that happen, and to be honest I love that show!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I was happy to see he was who he said he was for a change. And, that cannot be the worst MTV show produced.... Also, thankfully its never happened to me.
  • HarryDotter
    Options
    Who even watches MTV anymore? Crappy channel is crappy.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I haven't, but those who have met me, have :laugh:
  • cclarkcts
    cclarkcts Posts: 97
    Options
    I'm a french model

[/quote]
    bonjour
    [/quote]
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    No. But then again, I'm an NFL linebacker that used to play at Notre Dame, so I don't need to resort to online dating to meet women. :wink:
  • battyg13
    battyg13 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Jersey and Geordie shore are worse. much worse like they should all be buried in a bunker and nuked.
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Yep, and have witnesses to it too.

Never would share on this forum.
  • luvJOJO
    luvJOJO Posts: 1,881 Member
    Options
    I'm a french model

eh, Bonjour
  • Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I dated someone online for a while. It was a very intense relationship. We could talk for hours and hours and hours and never run out of things to say.

I later discovered he was married and had a toddler. Oops!
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    I dated someone online for a while. It was a very intense relationship. We could talk for hours and hours and hours and never run out of things to say.

I later discovered he was married and had a toddler. Oops!

On the plus side, he was actually a he.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Back in the early days of the Internet is was very common.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I was watching that last night. I don't think it's the worst MTV show ever.

I wouldn't say I developed a relationship with someone online, but I did meet up with someone many years ago from a dating site and he was nothing like his picture. Lets just say I cut that "date" short.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    nope...usually I find the guys I chose to meet in person look better in person than their pics. No spark, I move on. Now they have misrepresented their relationship status before...ugh, but apparently that is just a dude thing. :noway:

and for the record, you can usually tell when someone is lying consistently to you over the interwebz. They tend to avoid your questions.
  • dsignite88
    dsignite88 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sadly yes lol. It was supposed to be a young guy but turned out to be a dirty old man. I learned my lesson lol.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Have you liked someone on-line without ever seeing them?
    Yes
    Did you meet them only to find out it wasn't their actual pic...or gender?
    No

I would never let online communications last for very long without talking/Skyping/meeting. I've heard of people that have been in "relationships" for years yet have never met IRL. That's just crazy.
  • QuincyChick
    QuincyChick Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    A long time ago I was on an internet dating site and was talking to this guy. We seemed to have a ton in common- music, films, etc. We talked back and forth for about a week or two and decided to meet up at a local subway stop and take it from there.

I got off the train and took one look at him and walked right back onto the train and went home. The ONLY reason i even recognized him was because of a very unique tattoo he said that he had on his calf. Otherwise, he looked absolutely nothing like his pictures. He was much older and much heavier than he had mentioned.

Later on, he calls me and asks what went wrong. I was honest. I told him that I saw him and was upset that he lied, so I turned around and went home. He got very upset - saying that he didn't lie, that he just wanted to "put his best foot forward" and that if he told him his real age/weight I wouldn't have agreed to meet him. He was wrong- I totally would have met him, and I told him that, but lying right off the bat sent me running in the other direction.