Replies

• kmcadam78
    kmcadam78 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Plain yogurt with fresh strawberries. Yummy
  • NancyCaz61
    NancyCaz61 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    What about overnight oats? I make mine with unsweetened almond milk, PB2 powder (I'm sure you could use protein powder as well), mashed banana and some chopped walnuts. Chia seeds too when I have them. I also like a lite multigrain english muffin with peanut butter.
  • dadsafrantic
    dadsafrantic Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    coffee. water. i don't eat from 7pm until 11am
  • 1coolmofo
    1coolmofo Posts: 65 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    1 cup of gluten free oatmeal
    Cinnamon
    1 scoop chocolate egg white protein powder
    1.5 up unsweet vanilla almond milk.

Good carbs to start the day, 36g protein and low in fat and no sugar. 450 cal

It comes out like chocolate pudding.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    This morning i had 2 eggs scrambled with some previously prepped and frozen green and red peppers, a sprinkle of mexican cheese blend, put over a toasted multi grain english muffin and topped with some salsa. Took about 5 min to make.

eta. 22g protein
  • AmandaDanceMore
    AmandaDanceMore Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge breakfast eater. My go-tos are typically soy or almond milk yogurt with granola, peanut butter on a slice of whole grain toast, or, if I've got some time and feeling extra hungry, avocado toast with varying amounts of creativity. May or may not have some sort of fruit, as well wth any of those.
  • LZMiner
    LZMiner Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Eggs!
  • ChelzFit
    ChelzFit Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with quest protein powder, coconut flour, flax meal, blueberries and yogurt topped with cashew milk. I eat this every single morning and yet to get tired of it.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Today I had leftover pulled pork with brussels sprouts plus some collard greens cooked with a bit of bacon (in my tribute to more traditional breakfast food) and jalapenos. Delicious, although I realized afterwards that the pork and collards would have benefitted from a bit of ACV.
  • NJCJF
    NJCJF Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    cheerios with smart bran a banana and skim milk
  • lioness803
    lioness803 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is 2-3 slices of bacon, with Brussels sprouts and a chopped apple all sauteed together with cinnamon and ginger. Most days I have eggs. Or leftovers from previous day's dinner
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I'm a cold cereal girl. I can't stand hot cereal or oatmeal. Most of the time it's 1.5 cups Cheerios (original) with a banana cut up in it and 1 cup ice cold skim milk. I eat breakfast as soon as I wake up (I'm ravenous) so early at 5:45. I also have one hard-boiled egg at work as a 9:30 snack so you might count that as part of a late breakfast.
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I eat a small amount (75-100g) of boiled yellow potatoes topped with two medium over-easy eggs. I boil the potatoes ahead, so I just microwave them for a moment in the morning. I don't use butter because the yolk adds moisture and fat to the dish.
  • theowlbox
    theowlbox Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Cameron Diaz has an interesting take with slices of pre made oatmeal and some golden caramelized leeks. (Who knew she would be helpful?) My favorite is a traditional breakfast sandwich, but I like adding bulk with sauteed greens, mushrooms, roasted carrots. These can all be pre made so they are easy in the am. Thanks for posting! All these options sound great :)
  • tasha_998
    tasha_998 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My typical daily breakfast:
    1. 3 soft boiled eggs or
    2. 2 fried eggs, 2 slices of bacon, and 2 tangerines
    (lately I've just been going with eggs as it's faster and seems to fill me up just as much.)

My special breakfasts (very rare since I'm not eating many grains):
    1. High quality whole wheat toast with peanut butter and dill pickles on it (sweeter PB is better. It's the one case where Jif tastes better than Adams. And the pickles should be good quality, not canned).
    2. Everything or onion bagel half, toasted, with cream cheese, cucumbers, and lox
    3. Oatmeal (steel cut or flat but not instant) with fruit/berries, 1 chopped Medjool date, and half and half

All kind of high fat breakfasts, but a single serving is 280-500 calories and they hold me all morning.
  • KrystalAmbro
    KrystalAmbro Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I always have 3 eggs scrambled with mixed veggies and some avocado, with a banana on the side.
    Or I have plain oats and mix in protein powder, pb2, some kind of fruit and cinnamon.
    And of course coffee with just cream