I think my coworker is trying to sabotage me

Options

Replies

• SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    My coworkers try to sabotage me all the time with donuts and bagels
    I think they are just jealous. I get even by sabotaging their lunch in the breakroom fridge
  • ninjakitty419
    ninjakitty419 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    He's not sabotaging you. It's just a piece of cake he is sharing with his friend. Give it away or go into the bathroom and toss it in the trash. Nobody can sabotage us. We sabotage us. Other's may know that we are deiting, but that's out trip not theirs. They don't realize our limitations because they are ours not theirs. Lighten up on your friend and take charge darlin!

So much this!!!

Exactly. He wasn't doing anything sneaky here. While I personally would just eat it and move on with the day, I also know that I would be able to do just that, move on (VERY new for me). But you know yourself, and if you think that eating it will trigger something, dont eat it. But dont think that they did this to be mean.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    If no one is watching you, then throw it out.

Office birthday cake is usually not very good and therefore not worth the calories.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I completely understand. It's like giving an alcoholic a drink. How dare he.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Unfortunatly it is a store bought cake, which is not as good as a homemade cake.
    Not even in the same league.

*off to bake a cake...*
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Does it have blue icing? Blue icing is poisonous.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I just don't know if it will cause me to binge at all. I liike to think I have my eating under control but you never know maybe this one piece of cake will throw me into a downward spiral and i will end up in a very serious battle with a sugar addiction. I do not want an addiction like that to take over my life.

Unfortunatly it is a store bought cake, which is not as good as a homemade cake.

Oh. honey. no.

That is like the beginning of orthorexia. You can't be terrified of any food. You must decide that you will not let it have power over you.

I agree with the woman above who said, it's stressing you out so throw it away.

But I really hope you don't think that eating this piece of cake could become a sugar addiction. I don't know if your counter is accurate or not but I think you might relax a bit down the road when you have lost more weight, and realize "oh, a piece of cake might mean I have to eat a veggie heavy diet tomorrow and work out a little harder, but I'm still doing fantastic!"
  • shlobiwan
    shlobiwan Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Just break up.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    If no one is watching you, then throw it out.
    If no one is watching, it's the perfect time to eat it. Everyone knows the calories don't count if no one sees.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Why are you sitting there with it on your desk???? That's pure torture! Eat it, enjoy it and move on, or throw it out. But don't just leave it there. Are you mad?
  • Amazonbella
    Amazonbella Posts: 338
    Options
    If you are torn and don't want to eat the whole thing take ONE bite and then immediately dump it, that way you will have participated in his celebration but you won't have over-done on the calories and feel bad about your healthy eating efforts.
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    If I didn't want to eat it, I'd discretely toss the cake in the garbage.
  • amylb0822
    amylb0822 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I would leave the cake on the desk...then accidently move something on the desk causing it to nock the cake off the desk and on the floor.

opps~accident... shucks!
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't think your coworker is trying to sabotage you, but the solution, take a tiny taste of the cake so if anyone asks how it tasted you can honestly answer. Then discretely take the cake and go flush it.
  • conniesue14
    conniesue14 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    take one small bite of the cake only --no frosting and toss the rest and later thank the friend and tell him it was a wonderful treat. when you put it in the trash take it a can away from your area. one small bite will not ruin your day.
  • Michellereducf
    Michellereducf Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Just have a couple of bites and throw it away in a trash car far from your desk. Sounds like your co-worker was just being nice by including you, not sabotaging you.
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I would put it away somewhere and take it home for later. If you still are stressing about it, toss it away at home. That way you won't feel bad about throwing it away at work where he can see.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    My coworkers try to sabotage me all the time with donuts and bagels
    I think they are just jealous. I get even by sabotaging their lunch in the breakroom fridge

you're just jelly because your fish is small.
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Personnally, I would have eaten the slice of cake.

1) They only serve cake in joyous occasions (birthdays, weddings, baptisms, etc.). To me, refusing cake is refusing the joy in life. But I have to admit I also have a sweet tooth, so I'd say anything to enable myself to have cake.

2) I put a lot of effort in my weight loss journey. Which means that a single piece of cake isn't going to ruin weeks of effort. It will if I let it (let's say that one piece was so good, I indulge myself and selfishly eat the entire thing). But it won't cause I've worked a lot along the way on increasing my self discipline.

3) I don't have to eat the entire slice.

THIS!!!^^^^
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    it is simple! I have found myself in this same situation. I just thank them for the cookie, or cake, etc. Then I may even smell it, then say I would love to have this, then I tell myself I can have this but I dont want it, then well they either leave it or take it with them. If they leave it I make it a point to let it sit there....