Options
124»

Replies

• leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    @leajas1 yaaaaaaaasssssssssss

I really love the birthdaycake ones- they are my official go to snack when I have no food. I can just grab them at the front desk and run w/ them. They just charge my card on file. #sodangerous

That is dangerous! Birthday cake is the best, but the red velvet ones aren't bad. I just can't bring myself to try the cherry.
  • Rammer123
    Rammer123 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    Eat when you want to eat. Unless you're a professional or an Olympian it makes zero difference. You'd have to do everything perfectly for it to matter. The only people who do are the people who are following the advice of personalized diet and exercise science like those I mentioned before.

Regardless if you're a professional or an Olympian, doesn't change what happens in your body. It makes a difference, its just that to a normal person just trying to lose weight, the details and the stress that go along with making it perfect aren't worth that extra pound of fat over the month or lasting an extra 5 min at a certain pace, it still has the same effects regardless of the person....
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    It depends on your goals. If you are someone who is looking to perform (i.e. You want to run a faster time, lift heavier, essentially improve your performance and athleticism in any way regardless of if you are focusing on cardio or strength training) you NEED to replenish your body's natural stores with fast digesting protein and carbs immediately post workout-30 min (I use whey isolate and with country time lemonade during my training sessions). If you are simply exercising to for the sake of "calories out" or "cardio for fat loss" only eat after if it is a planned meal. Still would be smart to plan a fast digesting protein (like whey isolate) meal right after a workout in order to help your body recover and combat fatigue/sore muscles etc. Meal timing DOES have its uses but calories in vs calories out is about 60% of the big picture, macronutrient composition is about 20% macro nutrient timing vs workout timing (for performance purposes) is about 10% and the last 10% is little things like supplementation. Focus on the calories in vs calories out and then address the more complicated pieces of the puzzle as needed based on performance goals. There is no use stressing over macros and meal timing if your goal is not to be a bodybuilder/get a PR lift/PR time/etc.

Not true unless you are an elite athlete training for a specific sport.

I'm trying to remember who has the chart that shows levels of importance... @ninerbuff, was it you?

Oh. Hey. I found it!

dok3it0qt3g9.png

^ This is a pretty darn solid representation of things IMO ^
  • daiparfitt65
    daiparfitt65 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I always eat after a workout never had any issues with my weight due to eating after.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Maximum fat burn happens when you are asleep.

Timing of meals don't really matter. It's about being in a calorie deficit to lose body fat.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Not exactly related to the OP's original question, but I just thought I would share this study that came across my news feed this week. Take from it what you will...

https://www.pennmedicine.org/news/news-releases/2017/june/timing-meals-later-at-night-can-cause-weight-gain-and-impair-fat-metabolism
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    leajas1 wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    @leajas1 yaaaaaaaasssssssssss

I really love the birthdaycake ones- they are my official go to snack when I have no food. I can just grab them at the front desk and run w/ them. They just charge my card on file. #sodangerous

That is dangerous! Birthday cake is the best, but the red velvet ones aren't bad. I just can't bring myself to try the cherry.

We only carry Birthdaycake and red velvet- I don't like cherry enough to have picked one up.

I prefer BDC to red velvet- but I'll eat either.
  • rlilly697
    rlilly697 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Ive always thought you need a protein in take after a workout not nesscessarily right away!? and I,ve also read a bag of Haribo is ideal to assist in the sugar levels.