What's for dinner???!!!!

Options

Replies

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Probably just snacking on a sandwich. Had a heavy cooked lunch earlier.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Tonight is going to be chicken piccata with rice and a veg to be determined.
  • nelja
    nelja Posts: 282 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Home made game steak strips with cheese sauce and chips.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Tonight I'm going to have a potato and chickpea curry with red chile sauce.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options

I'd like your recipe, please and thank you. Those are two of my favorite foods in the whole world.

Tonight we're having tacos. Mine and my daughter's will be vegetarian.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Last night we had baby back ribs and collard greens with pickled onions.

I had planned fresh venison stew for tonight but if the power doesn't come back on sometime soon I may have to rethink.
  • janejellyroll
    Options

I'd like your recipe, please and thank you. Those are two of my favorite foods in the whole world.

This is the curry. I found it on Pinterest and haven't tried it before: http://www.cookwithmanali.com/instant-pot-potato-chickpea-curry/

The red chile sauce I made by taking about six ounces of dried chilies, toasting them in a pan for a couple of minutes, and then soaking in hot water for ten minutes. Once that I was done, I sauteed an onion and a few cloves of garlic in some peanut oil with some cumin and oregano and then added the drained chilies, a couple cups of vegetable broth, a bit of salt, and a can of diced tomatoes. After it simmered for a few minutes, I blended it all up with an immersion blender. I made it last night -- it has a really great flavor!
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I'm planning brisket with caramelized onions, roasted Brussels sprouts, and popovers. And... I'm pretty excited about it, ngl.
  • Smcptn
    Smcptn Posts: 59 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Chicken fried rice -- SPICY!
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options

This is the curry. I found it on Pinterest and haven't tried it before: http://www.cookwithmanali.com/instant-pot-potato-chickpea-curry/

The red chile sauce I made by taking about six ounces of dried chilies, toasting them in a pan for a couple of minutes, and then soaking in hot water for ten minutes. Once that I was done, I sauteed an onion and a few cloves of garlic in some peanut oil with some cumin and oregano and then added the drained chilies, a couple cups of vegetable broth, a bit of salt, and a can of diced tomatoes. After it simmered for a few minutes, I blended it all up with an immersion blender. I made it last night -- it has a really great flavor!

Thank you! That looks wonderful.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Beef tacos tonight
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I am doing a baked potato bar. My family loves this because we can all personalize what we want. I roast some veggies and top my potato with those and some grilled chicken.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Lamb chops, mashed potatoes, roasted asparagus and radishes.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    Two Italian sausage patties covered with pizza sauce, provolone and Parmesan cheese. Quick low carb Parmesan dinner. Side salad.
  • jenfitnessmama
    jenfitnessmama Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti with homemade meat sauce :)
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Tonight I am making ham and veggie omelets and fried potatoes with peppers and onions.
  • Momofthree224
    Momofthree224 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

Do you roast the radishes? I've gotten some from our farm share and am at a loss for what to do with them other than yet another salad topping.
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

Do you roast the radishes? I've gotten some from our farm share and am at a loss for what to do with them other than yet another salad topping.

Roasted radishes are amazing.
  • maura_tasi
    maura_tasi Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Tonight I'm having some roasted Veggies (Brussels sprouts, butternut squash, and red onion), with a baked chicken that's been sitting in a garlic, lemon, chili powder, and cumin marinade. I'll also make a side of brown rice to go along!