SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
I think I'm addicted to protein of all kinds
I love whey, steak, ground beef, chicken, turkey, greek yogurt and fish

What should I do?

Replies

• Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Throw in some sausage...you want to be well rounded.
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Add bacon.
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    Are you equally addicted to kale, soya beans, lentils and nuts? All excellent protein sources.

Is it not rather flesh you are addicted to? To be honest, I love eating flesh but have chosen not to - doesn't stop me liking and feeling drawn to bacon, steak, eggs, fish etc. etc.
  • doowop713
    doowop713 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I swear, this week is troll week. These threads are getting dumber and dumber.

Hey OP, it isn't a problem. It's called liking good *kitten* food that happens to have a *kitten* ton of protein in it.

You can sit down somewhere. Ugh.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Invest in a nice BBQ
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options

mind ~~> gutter
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    You should seek counseling and try to find a support group. Addictions like these are no joke and just as serious as alcoholism or heroine.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Invest in a nice BBQ

Yep. And the bacon suggestion too.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    wash it down with cake.
  • SirBonerFart
    Options

Hey OP, it isn't a problem. It's called liking good *kitten* food that happens to have a *kitten* ton of protein in it.

This is not helpful, you wouldn't encourage a heroin addict to shoot up would you? Or offer a sugar addict a cookie?
  • Raclex
    Raclex Posts: 238
    Options
    Too much animal protein will clog your arteries dude.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Oh... why couldn't you have put this in a group so I could reply the way I wanted to... :sad:
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    get your cholesterol checked :laugh:
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    What should I do?

Share.
  • SirBonerFart
    Options
    get your cholesterol checked :laugh:

I just did today
    Total 118
  • Labouffecestbon
    Labouffecestbon Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • BGoodz22
    BGoodz22 Posts: 55 Member
    Options

cant tell if reverse trolling the op or just extremely ..... you can fill in the blank :)
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I'll vote for "extremely.... fill in the blank"
  • doowop713
    Options

This is not helpful, you wouldn't encourage a heroin addict to shoot up would you? Or offer a sugar addict a cookie?

Protein is a nutrient. It isn't a class of foods. Milk has protein too..... Unless you have some weird psychological issues, you aren't addicted. you just like that stuff.

Here's a little Wiki for you though:

When a high dietary protein intake is consumed, there is an increase in urea excretion, which suggests that amino acid oxidation is increased.[17] High levels of protein intake increase the activity of branched-chain ketoacid dehydrogenase.[17] As a result, oxidation is facilitated, and the amino group of the amino acid is excreted to the liver.[17] This process suggests that excess protein consumption results in protein oxidation and that the protein is excreted.[17] The body is unable to store excess protein.[17][22] Protein is digested into amino acids, which enter the bloodstream. Excess amino acids are converted to other usable molecules by the liver in a process called deamination. Deamination converts nitrogen from the amino acid into ammonia, which is converted by the liver into urea in the urea cycle. Excretion of urea is performed by the kidneys. These organs can normally cope with any extra workload, but, if kidney disease occurs, a decrease in protein will often be prescribed.[23] When there is excess protein intake, amino acids can be converted to glucose or ketones, in addition to being oxidized for fuel.[24] When food protein intake is periodically high or low, the body tries to keep protein levels at an equilibrium by using the "labile protein reserve", which serves as a short-term protein store to be used for emergencies or daily variations in protein intake.[4] However, that reserve is not utilized as longer-term storage for future needs.[4]

Many researchers have also found that excessive intake of protein increases calcium excretion in urine.[4] It has been thought that this occurs to maintain the pH imbalance from the oxidation of sulfur amino acids.[4] Also, it is inconclusive whether bone resorption contributes to bone loss and osteoporosis.[4] However, it is also found that a regular intake of calcium would be able to stabilize this loss.[4]

Another issue arising from over-consumption of protein is a higher risk of kidney stone formation from calcium in the renal circulatory system.[4] It has been found that high animal protein intake in healthy individuals increases the probability of forming kidney stones by 250 percent.

Happy? :huh:
  • doowop713
    Options

cant tell if reverse trolling the op or just extremely ..... you can fill in the blank :)

I'm not trolling. Just can't take this seriously. The forums have been filled with weird stuff this week. You haven't noticed?