4000 calorie in one sitting!

Options
ferd_ttp5
ferd_ttp5 Posts: 246 Member
edited April 2017 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
Omg i couldn't believe that I could inhale it all up in one sitting lol. Would you believe too? I inhale some pasta, cakes, ice creams, much much more dessert and wasabis. 4k is only a guestimate i dont know if I overestimate it but I would mind I do a good guestimation because I do 3 plates of whole meal which I think every plate costly a rough 1k calories and desserts consist 1k also though. Is it possible a 4k for a average person in one sitting?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I've done it!
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    I've done it!

Nooooo Tiny.....lol
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Debmal77 wrote: »
    I've done it!

Nooooo Tiny.....lol

Several times!
  • bigmuneymfp
    bigmuneymfp Posts: 2,235 Member
    Options
    Easy stuff lol
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    ferd_ttp5 wrote: »
    Omg i couldn't believe that I could inhale it all up in one sitting lol. Would you believe too? I inhale some pasta, cakes, ice creams, much much more dessert and wasabis. 4k is only a guestimate i dont know if I overestimate it but I would mind I do a good guestimation because I do 3 plates of whole meal which I think every plate costly a rough 1k calories and desserts consist 1k also though. Is it possible a 4k for a average person in one sitting?

Isn't this post about you doing just that? So, why wouldn't it be possible?

There's a fancy restaurant in Australia with a signature chocolate dessert. The recipe is in their cookbook.... I plugged the ingredients in to MFP one day and came up with 2000 cals a serve. It's not a huge dessert either!

All the food you ate was calorie dense, so highly likely you ate a lot of calories
  • ferd_ttp5
    ferd_ttp5 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    ferd_ttp5 wrote: »

Isn't this post about you doing just that? So, why wouldn't it be possible?

There's a fancy restaurant in Australia with a signature chocolate dessert. The recipe is in their cookbook.... I plugged the ingredients in to MFP one day and came up with 2000 cals a serve. It's not a huge dessert either!

All the food you ate was calorie dense, so highly likely you ate a lot of calories
    Yes at first I think so I eat on a buffet eat all you can restaurant. I love cakes so I wouldn't mind ignoring them Ice cream too :smiley: sweettooths

• richardpkennedy1
    richardpkennedy1 Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    If there's a lot of sugar then it's possible! Especially for drinks
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    If there's a lot of sugar then it's possible! Especially for drinks

Sugar has 4 calories per gram, same as protein. Fat has 9 calories per gram, so fatty foods would be much more calorie dense.

4000 calories in a meal? Easily. Sit me down at a rodizio/churrascaria or an all-you-can-eat sushi bar and watch me go!
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    What it comes down to is how much your stomach can hold.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm the odd one here in that 4k in one sitting would make me so sick. I could probably do that over the course of a day if I really push myself, but I think I would be so bloated and nauseated. I've never actually been overweight or been one to binge, so it's hard to relate to why this all-you-can-eat scenario would be fun to do. I enjoy eating, and I can see consuming a couple thousand calories of some really rich food maybe, but being totally stuffed doesn't feel that pleasant to me. Can't imagine it in one sitting for myself, but I have seen many others do it easily. So of course it's possible. There wouldn't be an obesity problem if people weren't able to pack away the calories...
  • domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I do believe it. Have had struggles with binge eating for years and I have eaten 4k in one go before.

People who open 'all you can eat' restaurants are asking for trouble I think especially when in walks a champion eater like Homer Simpson.
  • jpoehls9025
    jpoehls9025 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I do believe it. Have had struggles with binge eating for years and I have eaten 4k in one go before.

People who open 'all you can eat' restaurants are asking for trouble I think especially when in walks a champion eater like Homer Simpson.

lol, yup agreed.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    I guess I'm the odd one here in that 4k in one sitting would make me so sick. I could probably do that over the course of a day if I really push myself, but I think I would be so bloated and nauseated. I've never actually been overweight or been one to binge, so it's hard to relate to why this all-you-can-eat scenario would be fun to do. I enjoy eating, and I can see consuming a couple thousand calories of some really rich food maybe, but being totally stuffed doesn't feel that pleasant to me. Can't imagine it in one sitting for myself, but I have seen many others do it easily. So of course it's possible. There wouldn't be an obesity problem if people weren't able to pack away the calories...

I'm right there with you on thinking that eating that much at once would make me sick. At the least it would cause acid reflux. At the worst it might not stay down.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    4k in a day sure. in one sitting no.

Its possible sure, but I would personally be begging some one to put my lights out for me after doing this.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Very easy with bread, juice, and desserts.