Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

4000 calorie in one sitting!

Replies

• Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited April 2017
    No, haven't done it, I might be able to manage that over a day, but 3000 is the most I've eaten in a day and it was pretty uncomfortable. I agree that it must be the stomach size, maybe the stretchability factor.
    I dislike fizzy popand fruit juice, but even at that I find liquids very filling!

I think the capacity to eat large amounts is probably a good survival trait though. I mean, if you knew food was shortly becoming scarce, eating as much as possible in a short period, gaining weight too, could save your life.

edited for spell mistake.
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    There's no way I could get down that many calories in one sitting without feeling sick.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    In a day, sure no problem.

In one sitting.. maybe, if most of the cals came from alcohol. I always try to "trick" my body to get more cals in.. and it is difficult.. but booze seems to bypass the sensors :p
  • CynoO
    CynoO Posts: 161 Member
    It is not like you do this every meal and everyday ! But you did it! I would be sick I dont think I could but years ago yes I would of been right there aside enjoying it too now not a chance I would be horrible sick and acid reflex would of killed me!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »

In one sitting.. maybe, if most of the cals came from alcohol. I always try to "trick" my body to get more cals in.. and it is difficult.. but booze seems to bypass the sensors :p

Light weight, here! 625 calories in a bottle of wine. 1000 calories of alcohol would put me in a coma...can't imagine the majority of a 4000 calorie meal coming in the form of alcohol. I'd be passed out or dead before I could drink that much!
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Youtube has fit people doing 10,000 calore challenges were they eat it in a day.
    They are kinda fun to watch, wish I could give it a go myself :blush:
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    sardelsa wrote: »

Light weight, here! 625 calories in a bottle of wine. 1000 calories of alcohol would put me in a coma...can't imagine the majority of a 4000 calorie meal coming in the form of alcohol. I'd be passed out or dead before I could drink that much!

Haha oh dear yes maybe that is a lot.. Back in my university days, no problem, but definitely wouldn't think of it now!!

I mean the meal would have to last for a few hours obviously... pre dinner cocktail, bottle of wine, some after dinner drinks.. maybe wouldn't add up to most but a significant portion ;)
  • ferd_ttp5
    ferd_ttp5 Posts: 246 Member
    CynoO wrote: »
    It is not like you do this every meal and everyday ! But you did it! I would be sick I dont think I could but years ago yes I would of been right there aside enjoying it too now not a chance I would be horrible sick and acid reflex would of killed me!
    lol I think I can do it without consequences because I'm still young I'm 18 year old and a good petite person also I'm an athlete :lol:

• PinkamenaD8
    PinkamenaD8 Posts: 99 Member
    just 4000? try 12000!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw8iljkD1So

I bet with some of the foods suggested here that guy could eat 30k cals in a sitting.

• Garthweightlosspal
    Garthweightlosspal Posts: 73 Member
    edited May 2017
    I just don't see how that's possible without complete gluttony or doing it for sport, i'de be absolutely sick if I ate more than even 750 in one sitting without preparing for it.

Also to the poster above me, Matt stonie is an extratrestrial! I love it!
  • Gamliela
    I think there must be something to stomach capacity or stretching. Youtube has several videos on the 'All you can eat" 'contestants and contests from all over theworld. So when I see those people eat so much I thought Its sort of a talent or they have trained up to it and adapted themselves to do it. I just never had that capacity. I'm pretty sure I'm happy not to have it, I might have been obese if I did!
  • Gamliela
    OK I'll admit that If I were keen on building muscle, doing everything it takes to fuel that goal, and I were a 24 year old 6'2" tall male I'd probably be able to eat more than 3000 a day.