How often do you check the weight scale??

Options

Replies

• OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I weigh on Mondays, sometimes on Tuesday as well but after that not again until Monday. I have thought of weighing daily and weighing only once a month. I like the post of weighing daily to take away scale anxiety, but I am not quite there yet. Maybe eventually I will get there or maybe I will end up weighing once a month. I can see either one working for me.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Mahdi22 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, im soon going to approach 2 weeks of eating healthy and exercising. But I'm scared of checking the scale and being disappointed with the results, should I just check when it has been 1 month? How often do y'all check??

"Check the weight scale"? LOL. I assume you mean how often do I weigh myself..and I weigh every morning.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    few times per week...
  • xchocolategirl
    xchocolategirl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I check it every morning .z
  • YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    First, don't be afraid of the scale. It's not going to bite your toes. Be realistic. Weight loss is not linear. You will not lose weight every single day/week/month.

Second, I weigh daily. I use Trendweight.com to track my weight loss. Your weight will naturally fluctuates from day to day, Trendweight smooths out those fluctuations to show an overall trend. Give it a try.
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I only do it once per month :)
  • Mahdi22
    Mahdi22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, im soon going to approach 2 weeks of eating healthy and exercising. But I'm scared of checking the scale and being disappointed with the results, should I just check when it has been 1 month? How often do y'all check??

"Check the weight scale"? LOL. I assume you mean how often do I weigh myself..and I weigh every morning.

Tomaeto. Tomahto.
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday. It helps me to know how much weight fluctuates. Also, if you wait a month and see no change, then make adjustments and wait another month and see that wasn't enough, that is two months wasted. If you weigh at least every week and aren't seeing a change you know something isn't right, like maybe your over estimating your exercise and know to either increase how much you exercise or decrease what you're eating. Also, if you track it everyday or weekly you will see how your cycle effects your weight and be less upset with it rising shortly.

Or as other's have said you should at least be taking measurements.
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, I only put my new lowest weight into MFP though. I track using happy scale and really enjoy seeing the fluctuation now, because I understand whats going on with my body now.
  • eddieonfox
    eddieonfox Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily but I wonder when is the best time to do it since I work nights. I've been doing it when I wake up (usually around 1pm). I assume that's when I should be doing it but don't know for sure. Anyone have any suggestions?
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Wow...I didn't realize how many people check their weight every single day. I don't think I can do it, I understand that there will be some fluctuations and all that science stuff happening but I would still get discouraged lol.

Everyone's different I guess. I'm sticking with bi weekly.

I weigh daily. It's actually less discouraging to me. If I stepped on the scale once a week or a month and it happened to be an up day? That's when I'd get frustrated and quit.

The number has moved to just a number. A piece of data. I log it in libra and move on with my day.
  • DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
    Options
    DasItMan91 wrote: »
    Once a week on a Friday. Always try to weigh around the same time and don't weigh yourself everyday.

Why? If you'd read the other posts, many people find weighing every day the best way to go...

Hey if you want, go for it but some people will go crazy with the weight fluctuations.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    I record it once a week. I sometimes weigh more often, but if it isn't Sunday morning I view any other data points as "unofficial".

You need to consider your personality. Some people love to weigh everyday and see how weight can fluctuate dramatically based on water retention, etc. But if you are the type that might get upset if you suddenly wake up two or three pounds heavier than the prior day, weighing every day can do more harm than good because it will stress you and possibly discourage you.

Do whatever is right for you. Some prefer daily, some weekly, and some monthly. A few never weigh and just go by measurements.
  • nissarayna
    nissarayna Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Once a week. Monday morning. I don't worry too much about the numbers as my clothing is telling me I'm doing something right.
  • PWRLFTR1
    PWRLFTR1 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    When I have to at the doctor's office
  • FlattoPhat
    FlattoPhat Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself a few times a month and at the same time of the day.
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Here's why you should weight daily :) You'll never know if your catching a peak or a trough.

v01x90e5st0v.jpg
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Been at college for the past few months. I can only borrow and use my friend's scale like every other month.
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    True story: was weighing once a week and wasn't losing much, but clothes were looser. Switched to daily and for whatever reason, I weigh the most on Wednesdays, my weigh in day. I must eat too much on Tuesdays. In any case, now I weigh daily and feel like I learn a lot about what causes fluctuations.
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Once a week on Monday morning. As someone said above, the waistband on my trousers tells me how I'm doing.