Fat burners

Options
2»

Replies

• SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I have been having good results maintaining and adding muscle with CLA. I think it is better for muscle maintenance and growth than fat loss.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    SCoil123 wrote: »
    I have been having good results maintaining and adding muscle with CLA. I think it is better for muscle maintenance and growth than fat loss.

The science around CLA pretty much shows that it's another overhyped snake oil. Plenty of research here (with studies annotated): https://examine.com/supplements/conjugated-linoleic-acid/

Editor's summary of the science:
    CLA appears to be a good research molecule, since there is a lot of evidence after human ingestion and it was one of the first of its mechanisms (PPARa / PPARy modulator) to be used.

A pretty poor fat burner, and even more unreliable than it is bad at burning fat. It might make you lose enough fat to compensate for that cookie you had once.

It has no astounding other affects on health or anything, it just seems to be quite an overhyped and uneventful molecule(s)
  • rollerjog
    rollerjog Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    it sure sounds like there are no supplements that will help you drop some body fat , from what every body says on this forum, can someone explain how some men will get down to sub 6% body fat or for women 13 to 15% body fat, getting ready for a show , if people think that diet alone will get you that lean, they need to do more research now i under stand not every body wants to get that lean, but something has to be working to aid them to get that lean for a show ,
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    juceniro wrote: »
    One of the best fat burners is... sex. Plus it's all natural.

Not the way I do it. ;)

Le rawr.

Okay, so anyway, any time I've tried fat burners, instead of being just starving I was starving and wired. I threw food into my face with shaking hands, that was about the only difference. Oh, plus I was poorer.

You really need to change your habits entirely...that really is the only way.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    rollerjog wrote: »
    it sure sounds like there are no supplements that will help you drop some body fat , from what every body says on this forum, can someone explain how some men will get down to sub 6% body fat or for women 13 to 15% body fat, getting ready for a show , if people think that diet alone will get you that lean, they need to do more research now i under stand not every body wants to get that lean, but something has to be working to aid them to get that lean for a show ,

LOL. LOLOL. If you think pro bodybuilders are using legally obtainable over-the-counter diet aids for pre-contest prep, you're highly, highly mistaken.

But yes - in the case of natural bodybuilders (who truly are natural), diet will get you that lean. You just have no idea how insanely regimented, extreme and meticulous that diet is, or the training they do along with the diet. There's a reason (several reasons, actually) that they can't maintain that level of leanness for very long. If you think they're all taking some bogus Dr. Oz "fat burner" from the local GNC to get that ripped, maybe you need to do more research. It's also worth knowing that they don't come waddling into pre-contest prep as a fat, out-of-shape Average Joe. Most of them are already 10% or less bodyfat before they even begin contest prep, and probably never go above 15% BF the whole rest of the year.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    SCoil123 wrote: »

The science around CLA pretty much shows that it's another overhyped snake oil. Plenty of research here (with studies annotated): https://examine.com/supplements/conjugated-linoleic-acid/

Editor's summary of the science:
    CLA appears to be a good research molecule, since there is a lot of evidence after human ingestion and it was one of the first of its mechanisms (PPARa / PPARy modulator) to be used.

A pretty poor fat burner, and even more unreliable than it is bad at burning fat. It might make you lose enough fat to compensate for that cookie you had once.

It has no astounding other affects on health or anything, it just seems to be quite an overhyped and uneventful molecule(s)

There is a lot of research out there and the results are inconsistent. I won't bother listing a bunch of links but I did a bunch of research before starting it and am very happy with my results.