How to prevent bowel movements when running

13»

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Wait...what? Is this a thing? People actually poop while they're running? I see how one could get the urge...but they actually do it? While running?? :huh:

You don't really want pictures do you?
  • BioMechHeretic
    BioMechHeretic Posts: 128 Member
    **** happens. Literally. People shouldn't be so put off by natural bodily functions. It happens when over exerting yourself. (In a race, during training keep that **** in check)
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member

ETA: It's one thing to do it when you're running a marathon. Quite another if it happens on the treadmill at the gym.:laugh:

This could explain the looks I get at the gym...
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member

It's there. Video evidence of the running poop.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Check the thread "malicious fecal distribution" for one solution.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,862 Member
    I remember reading that the first female winner of the Boston marathon was mortified by having diahrrea in the last stage of the race. She squirted some water onto her legs before ascending the podium, if I remember the interview correctly.

Might doing a colonoscopy prep the afternoon prior help? Don't know how that might interefere with any attempts at carb loading.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    How can one run a long race without having the urge to go.

I cut back on my fibre for a day or two leading up to the race (longest so far is half-marathon & I don't even stop for a pee break). Your body gets used to it as your runs get longer leading up to the race.
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    during a 10K i once almost detoured to a strip mall or a fast food joint... but clenching sufficed.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    No joke... tears rolling down my face as I read this.

LMAO

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: