Any Vegans?

Options
Mousaroni
Mousaroni Posts: 34 Member
edited April 2017 in Introduce Yourself
After a couple weeks observing my eating habits and researching nutritional requirements, I've decided to go vegan for the sake of food sustainability. I plan on using the whole summer before I get back to school to experiment and transition into a predominantly plant-based diet. Tasting new foods, seeing where my macros lie, judging how practical certain recipes are, etc.

I cook for myself for most meals, I eat four to six times a day, and I (typically) don't consume junk food. I try to avoid processed foods to the best of my ability. I'm not looking to lose weight, but I am looking for support! Being able to share experiences, recipes, questions, or anything else.

I'm quite new to MFP, so I hope I'll be able to find others who use it for similar purposes! I'd love to connect for this part of our journeys.

P.S. I'm Mous, 19F, from New York :) I work with horses and attend college. (5'6", 135 lbs)

Replies

• GressaB
    GressaB Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    After going vegan, I've been cooking for myself for a while now. Because of the university and the tempo of my daily life my meals are usually quick and practical. I think it would be interesting to share recipes and experiences since I'm from the opposite side of the globe :)

Gressa
  • Catlady0280
    Catlady0280 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have started the process myself a month ago I decided for my health and for the animals to go vegan. But more specifically whole foods plant based with minimal vegan processes foods (I still enjoy tofu and vegan protein powder smoothies)
    I've recently discovered a world of new cooking and recipes as I enjoy cooking. In the month since going vegan I've lost 13lbs I'm starting to feel better and I also feel better knowing there are less animals being harmed because of my consumption of them