Eating Clean ( l would like to see someones meal plan)

Options
2»

Replies

• coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    very funny corey haha

Funny, but wholly accurate.

Example: In the case of meat, unless you are rending it from the bone, minutes after death, you are eating processed food. Unless you are drinking whole milk, minutes from the cow's udders, you're drinking processed milk.

The whole "eating clean" stuff is, for lack of a better term, bunk and a waste of time to try.

On other forums I've been a part of the term used is 'whole foods', for instance a fresh peach vs. canned peaches in heavy sauce. Nothing wrong with eating this way if that's you're preference and there are many of us who don't think it's bunk or a waste of our time :)

Well, people can "believe" it's not bunk, just like people are free to believe that you can pray away illnesses. Science, however, says differently.

I do enjoy the discussions about avoiding canned foods... I tend to wonder how those people would have fared during, the 1800's, when pretty much all produce was canned at end of harvest in order to get through winter.
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Those who think eating clean is bunk usually exists on package/fast food and are some of the unhealthiest people around no matter what their weight.

Those who think eating clean is going to solve anything are fooling themselves into thinking there is a magic bullet to be healthy.

Would you say a body builder is unhealthy? Many of them tend to consume vast quantities of extremely processed items, such as protein supplements, vitamins, etc etc.

Would you say a boxer is unhealthy? They tend to consume most anything in sight (They have to, since their BMR is so gorram high).

Being health basically boils down to a few things:
    * Don't eat too much
    * Get 3 30 minute light cardio sessions in per week
    * Do things that don't require sitting
    * Eat sensibly

Avoiding processed foods is just silly, and has no bearing on it.
  • mrmagee3
    mrmagee3 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I insulate my house with asbestos -- it's what we used to do back in the 50's, so it's gotta be good.
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Those who think eating clean is bunk usually exists on package/fast food and are some of the unhealthiest people around no matter what their weight.

Those who think eating clean is going to solve anything are fooling themselves into thinking there is a magic bullet to be healthy.

Would you say a body builder is unhealthy? Many of them tend to consume vast quantities of extremely processed items, such as protein supplements, vitamins, etc etc.

Would you say a boxer is unhealthy? They tend to consume most anything in sight (They have to, since their BMR is so gorram high).

Being health basically boils down to a few things:
    * Don't eat too much
    * Get 3 30 minute light cardio sessions in per week
    * Do things that don't require sitting
    * Eat sensibly

Avoiding processed foods is just silly, and has no bearing on it.

You do have a point, but I think it all depends on what the person is trying to achieve with the food they're eating. If you're a body builder or perhaps in a competitive sport, processed meats (from what I understand) are necessary because of the higher protein content that is required to build muscle. But if it's someone just trying to lose weight and eat healthy (depending on how you define healthy I guess), cutting out pre-packaged and processed foods just ensures that you aren't adding anything unnecessary into your body (I mean, our bodies aren't techincally made to intake man-made chemical products that are in a lot of processed foods.)

To each their own I guess, but calling it silly to avoid pre-packaged and processed foods I think is silly :laugh:
  • JayWalk39
    JayWalk39 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    very funny corey haha

Funny, but wholly accurate.

Example: In the case of meat, unless you are rending it from the bone, minutes after death, you are eating processed food. Unless you are drinking whole milk, minutes from the cow's udders, you're drinking processed milk.

The whole "eating clean" stuff is, for lack of a better term, bunk and a waste of time to try.

^ This!

There is no such thing as eating "clean". Just eat within your macros.
  • conniehv40
    conniehv40 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I would like to eat better too, so I am bumping for reference. I love carbs and I like snacking. It has been really hard, but I have changed over the past year! Now I need to eat even better.

Best to you all and thx, in advance, for the info
  • SJVZEE
    SJVZEE Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I would like to eat better too, so I am bumping for reference. I love carbs and I like snacking. It has been really hard, but I have changed over the past year! Now I need to eat even better.

Best to you all and thx, in advance, for the info

I still eat a lot of carbs (today it's over 300), but I get them from veggies, fruit, beans and whole grains :)
  • irivas1
    irivas1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I eat "cleaner". I avoid heavily processed food like the plague. I eat tons of fruits and veggies, and things that are as close to natural as I can find in my little podunk town. :) When I switched to this I found a website that was very helpful, thegraciouspantry.com It does work. I have lost weight before eating junk and limiting my caloric intake, but still felt blah. After one week of eating cleaner foods, I felt amazing. It has been almost 3 months. I have lost 18+ pounds in the last 3 months. (weigh in is in a week.) My diary is open if you care to take a look. Good luck!!

Yes, thegraciouspantry.com is a great resource. They have a wonderful collection of recipes and ideas.