What are your favorite breakfast meals?

Options
2»

Replies

• generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I was never a breakfast person so it's something I continue to work but here are my go-to's:

- whole grain english muffin with deli turkey and cheese, a tsp of butter so it's not so dry, side of fruit

- oatmeal with fruit and an egg mixed in (cook the egg into it), sometimes with nuts

- plain greek yogurt with fruit and nuts, a tsp of honey

- 2 scrambled eggs, black beans, sauteed spinach with a side of fruit

- 2 hard boiled egg whites, 2 oz of deli meat, cheese, fruit (this is my favorite because I can pick at it)
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Potato and eggs
    Saute veggies and eggs
    oatmeal with berries and nuts
    yogurt with berries
    leftover whatever (especially meatloaf, soup, pasta, pizza)
    Porridge other than oatmeal with raisins (farina, corn meal mush)
    Grilled cheese and tomato open faced sandwich
    Peanut butter and sliced apple wrapped in whole wheat burrito wrapper
    soft boiled eggs and toast of some sort
    Crumb cake or crumb fruit tortes and tea
    pancake and eggs
    buckwheat pancake and berry sauce
    .... well, I guess if it's edible and I'm hungry, it's game to be breakfast) This morning it was yogurt and berries.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    My go to breakfast is a scramble with lean meats and egg whites and some combination of mushrooms, potatoes, spinach, and salsa. It makes a big portion for the calories and a ton of protein. It also happens to be something I enjoy. I also eat oatmeal with pb2, sugar free syrup, and protein powder or grits with either shrimp or turkey sausage and cheese. Another really easy and quick one is simply low fat cottage cheese and chicken sausage.
  • darkdaughter58
    darkdaughter58 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Coffee with milk, light and fit 80 cal Greek yogurt and 2 hard boiled eggs is pretty ideal for me. Sometimes it's just coffee or a BLT on wheat. The eggs and yogurt actually keep me full and moving till I eat again.
  • MaryGebhard
    MaryGebhard Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Organic corn tortilla warmed up in a pan with a one egg omelet on top; top it with a little bit of cheese, some salsa and avocado. Roll it up and enjoy.