Calories burned btw the sheets?

Options
Okay - I have viewed the activity database and am confused. I saw archery, bowling, mowing the lawn (riding mower), billards and other items that do not really entail what I would call physical effort or resulting sweat. So why then, is sex not listed. I, for once would love to see a post saying Mr/Mrs XYZ burned 382 calories having energetic sex. Am I the only one?

Replies

• ashdawg8790
    ashdawg8790 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I think it's because it's everyone's own dirty little secret. :)
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    You can make up your own exercise with calories, if you want to.
  • thelittlenatnat
    Options
    I have definitely searched the exact same thing...
  • leaaa92
    leaaa92 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! MFP definitely needs to add that workout!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Add it yourself
  • seliinac
    seliinac Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I googled it recently. Found an article that said there are too many variables to calculate the calories burned. They also said that generally people don't work hard enough for long enough to amount to many calories. :blushing:
  • hep26000
    hep26000 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I tried looking it up too a couple weeks ago. :blushing:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    No it's like cleaning the house doesnt need to be counted and no one needs to know.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I don't count daily activities.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    382 calories having energetic sex. Am I the only one?

That would be the equivalent to running about 3.5 - 4 miles....is anyone really having that kind of vigorous sex...for that long?
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I've posted this before and I am just a curious guy, so one night I wore my HRM (wrist cuff). I just logged it as "Aerobics General." Wouldn't want to dishonor my lovely wife.
  • EmmaOnTrack
    EmmaOnTrack Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I added "sexual congress" as an exercise some months ago, prior to making my diary accessible to friends. Might just keep it to myself from now on! :tongue:
  • deb_137
    deb_137 Posts: 38 Member
    Options

That would be the equivalent to running about 3.5 - 4 miles....is anyone really having that kind of vigorous sex...for that long?

I just picked a number. I don't eat my activity call. I just wondered why some people who seem to track EVER LITTLE ACTIVITY font include sex. I mean really take pity on us following you.... If we have to read every time you vacuum, why not something a little more fun.?

Note that this topic was in jest. I know we don't burn serious calories this way, but the goals could be fun :)
  • deb_137
    Options
    I don't count daily activities.

:bigsmile:
  • Glynneybug
    Glynneybug Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Okay - I have viewed the activity database and am confused. I saw archery, bowling, mowing the lawn (riding mower), billards and other items that do not really entail what I would call physical effort or resulting sweat. So why then, is sex not listed. I, for once would love to see a post saying Mr/Mrs XYZ burned 382 calories having energetic sex. Am I the only one?
    There is a cardo listing as "Sexual Activity" and it has moderate and vigorous listed. I just rename mine, so its not on blast for everyone to see. :D
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    epic repeat thread....

in....for the sex...
  • deb_137
    Options
    I've posted this before and I am just a curious guy, so one night I wore my HRM (wrist cuff). I just logged it as "Aerobics General." Wouldn't want to dishonor my lovely wife.

Going to do this with my Fitbit but will not tell hubby. He does an awesome job and I'd hate to Mrs with his mojo :happy:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

bro, you need to get out more...
  • deb_137
    Options
    There is a cardo listing as "Sexual Activity" and it has moderate and vigorous listed. I just rename mine, so its not on blast for everyone to see. :D

Good to know!
  • granitendirt
    Options
    I'm waiting for someone to make a joke about eating back exercise calories...