Calories burned btw the sheets?

Replies

• Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    surely you don't want ery one in your news feed thinking about your sexual encounters

pictures would be way better
  • deb_137
    deb_137 Posts: 38 Member
    382 calories having energetic sex. Am I the only one?

That would be the equivalent to running about 3.5 - 4 miles....is anyone really having that kind of vigorous sex...for that long?

bro, you need to get out more...
    :drinker:
  • Glynneybug
    Glynneybug Posts: 196 Member
    Okay - I have viewed the activity database and am confused. I saw archery, bowling, mowing the lawn (riding mower), billards and other items that do not really entail what I would call physical effort or resulting sweat. So why then, is sex not listed. I, for once would love to see a post saying Mr/Mrs XYZ burned 382 calories having energetic sex. Am I the only one?
    There is a cardo listing as "Sexual Activity" and it has moderate and vigorous listed. I just rename mine, so its not on blast for everyone to see. :D
    Just did a search and I can't find it anymore. Maybe someone else had added it and then removed it? Sorry folks!
  • deb_137
    deb_137 Posts: 38 Member
    surely you don't want ery one in your news feed thinking about your sexual encounters

pictures would be way better

At some point maybe but not quite yet :-)
  • I once read that The Big O burns one whole calorie. If you're counting on sex for weight loss, you better get busy! :D

(And, for the record, I looked for sex on the exercise list too.)
  • stef3827
    stef3827 Posts: 4 Member
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks sex should be listed, lol.
    Especially as vigorous as mine can be!
    I think anything that gets your heart racing and your lungs gasping for breath for 1 to 4 hours should count for something!
    :)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Yeah. This has been posted before. People tend to not burn as many calories as they think. Breathing hard and sweating isn't necessarily caused by exertion, in this case.
  • princesspea234
    princesspea234 Posts: 182 Member
    I've posted this before and I am just a curious guy, so one night I wore my HRM (wrist cuff). I just logged it as "Aerobics General." Wouldn't want to dishonor my lovely wife.

How many calories did you burn???
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    No it's like cleaning the house doesnt need to be counted and no one needs to know.

Hate to agree with babushka hat, but she's 100% correct in my book. :flowerforyou:
  • KevinS62
    KevinS62 Posts: 239 Member
    Okay - I have viewed the activity database and am confused. I saw archery, bowling, mowing the lawn (riding mower), billards and other items that do not really entail what I would call physical effort or resulting sweat. So why then, is sex not listed. I, for once would love to see a post saying Mr/Mrs XYZ burned 382 calories having energetic sex. Am I the only one?

I added it to mine about three months ago:
    KevinS62 burned 100 calories doing 20
    minutes of cardio exercises, including
    "Morning Sex"

:bigsmile:
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:
  • ElBence
    ElBence Posts: 291 Member
    Show of hands: if a friend logged one minute of sex on MFP, who would comment and make fun of said friend? That's why it's not in the database.
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    I've posted this before and I am just a curious guy, so one night I wore my HRM (wrist cuff). I just logged it as "Aerobics General." Wouldn't want to dishonor my lovely wife.

How many calories did you burn???

Enough and I only logged it once as I was curious, and I thought this post was humorous.
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    I just log it as "zumba".
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    now you got me curious, i want to wear my HRM next time and see how much i actually burn. i can be like a challenge, try to keep my HR in the cardio zone the whole time. LOL
  • CapnGordo
    CapnGordo Posts: 327
    ITS ABOUT TIME SOMEONE ASKED THIS QUESTION !!! LOLZ !!! U DIRTY BIRDS !!! LOLZ !!!
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    I'm waiting for someone to make a joke about eating back exercise calories...

Well....I read on a thread a few months ago that there is in fact a diary entry for...no delicate way to phrase this, but for semen...
  • Gordon_L
    Gordon_L Posts: 4,475 Member
    Guys would be making up stuff for the number of minutes they "exercised" for...lol Would never be accurate...
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    I'm waiting for someone to make a joke about eating back exercise calories...

Well....I read on a thread a few months ago that there is in fact a diary entry for...no delicate way to phrase this, but for semen...

*gasp*
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    I just log it as "zumba".

Now I can never take zumba exercise posts seriously again. oOoooohhh someone was zumba-innnngggg