Peanut Butter Powder - what do you do with yours?

MiniMexxxxx
MiniMexxxxx Posts: 43 Member
edited May 2017 in Recipes
I love peanut butter powder (PB2 is my brand of choice) It's my favourite "diet" food. I mix with water and put it on toast or I dip apples in it but does anyone have any other creative uses for this wonderful stuff?

Replies

• MTgal477
    MTgal477 Posts: 829 Member
    Put it on my protein pancakes or waffles....and I dip bananas in it :smile:
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    edited May 2017
    I take one of those 80 calorie non fat greek yogurts, and mix in about a serving of PB2. Delicious and only 125 calories. Satisfies my urge for peanut butter pretty well. Sometimes I'll that and spread it on a tortilla or protein brownie, etc.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Stirred into oatmeal.....yum.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Peanut sauce for dipping or stir fry
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,571 Member
    I like it in Greek yogurt or on top of low calorie ice cream. I actually can't keep it around because I get a heavy hand with it. I never actually make peanut butter with it either. It's good in shakes too.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    I've used it to make satay sauce for marinading chicken or in a stir fry
  • MiniMexxxxx
    gmallan wrote: »
    I've used it to make satay sauce for marinading chicken or in a stir fry

I have been thinking about doing something similar. Do you add anything else to it other than water when you're marinating the chicken?

• Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    edited May 2017
    Put it on pancakes, mix it with Greek yogurt or oatmeal or a protein shake, make cupcakes or cheesecake with it, mix it with fresh blackberries for kind of a pb&j effect...
  • kms234
    kms234 Posts: 132 Member
    I add it to smoothies and greek yogurt.
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Mix the powder into all kinds of things but never add water to make it into peanut butter. I put it in my cheesecake recipe, my oatmeal, greek yogurt, sprinkle it on top of my bran cereal, protein shakes, I love the stuff! Have to buy it in bulk off Amazon I go through it so fast!

My favorite is mixing it into my greek yogurt though, tastes like nutter butter <3
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    I have used it in this recipe: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10500016/low-calorie-protein-cheesecake/p1

I have also made a sauce and used it on noodles with broccoli.

I have mixed 1 serving with 0.25 servings of peanut butter and some honey and and water spread it on bread. I tried mixing it up with just water and spreading it on bread... I need a little bit of added fat and the sweetness from the honey to eat it as a sandwich spread.

I really want to make a peanut butter pie with it! I have been looking at different recipes trying to decide which one to try.
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    I like to dry fry a serving of shirataki noodles until the water is gone, then add 1 T peanut powder and 1 T soy sauce with about 1/2-1tsp coconut oil for a quick noodle dish. It's good with a squeeze of lime and garnish of scallions or cilantro. I stole/adapted that recipe from Trim Healthy Mama.

I also like peanut butter cream cheese fudge adapted from the same cookbook. It's 1/2 cup butter or coconut oil, 3/4 cup peanut flour, 3 oz cream cheese (lowfat or regular), a pinch of salt and sweetener or sugar of your choice to taste. Melt it all together, spread it in a pan and freeze or refrigerate until it hardens.
  • strshllw84
    strshllw84 Posts: 256 Member
    I prefer the Pb fit. I put it in my protein shakes and I also have made it into peanut butter and it was delicious!
  • MiniMexxxxx
    strshllw84 wrote: »
    I prefer the Pb fit. I put it in my protein shakes and I also have made it into peanut butter and it was delicious!

What's the difference?
  • strshllw84
    strshllw84 Posts: 256 Member

What's the difference?

Mostly the taste
  • eileenbednarz
    eileenbednarz Posts: 6 Member
    I add a tablespoon of PB2 to my 310 Protein Shake Chocolate every morning with a banana. Yum!
  • Autumnhovey757
    Autumnhovey757 Posts: 11 Member
    I have a serious thing for fruit and peanut butter shakes. Blueberry peanut butter is my personal favorite. I get that at cookout most of the time. At home this skinned up smoothie hits all the same spots for about a fifth of the calories. I put in 3 servings of frozen fruit, but tablespoons of peanut powder, 3 cups of almond milk, and a strong squirt of liquid Stevia. Sometimes mint or basil if I am feeling fancy. I also do not like to mix water into mine. There is some 35 calorie a slice bread where I live and I like to mix the peanut powder into sugar free jelly and put it on the bread. If you do that with a to go sandwich it keeps the bread from getting all soggy from the water. Like someone mentioned above, it is so very good in oatmeal.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    In the protein shakes w frozen bananas
  • sodaablue378
    sodaablue378 Posts: 2 Member
    My mom likes to use powdered PB for Christmas time treats... she usually makes mass amounts of buckeye balls (basically, homemade reeses), and switched to the powdered PB in recent years!
  • Krista40in14
    Krista40in14 Posts: 5 Member
    edited May 2017
    I like to mix with fat free cream cheese and store in refrigerator to create a delicious spread for all sorts of things... crackers, English muffins, apples, etc.
  • MiniMexxxxx
    edited May 2017
    Thanks for all the fab ideas. I sprinkled some on a salmon and noodle stir fry with some soy sauce today. Was really yummy.
  • teeenabeana
    teeenabeana Posts: 92 Member
    These are all really good ideas. I just got PB2 and I love it! I blend mine into a breakfast smoothie with hemp protein powder + almond milk + banana and it's so good!

Has anyone tried the PB2 chocolate one?
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,080 Member
    I just added some Protein Plus Peanut Flour (similar to PB2, but it's just partially defatted peanut flour, no added sugar or salt, which for me makes it more versatile for either sweet or savory applications) along with plain cocoa (unsweetened powder) to my skyr yogurt -- enough so that I could barely stir it in, so the skyr was about as stiff as peanut butter. Very yummy. Plus, 28 g of protein, 4 g of fiber, and less than 200 calories.
  • MiniMexxxxx
    These are all really good ideas. I just got PB2 and I love it! I blend mine into a breakfast smoothie with hemp protein powder + almond milk + banana and it's so good!

Has anyone tried the PB2 chocolate one?

Yes I have. I liked it actually but would chose the normal one over it just for flexibility.
  • MaKaylaWest96
    MaKaylaWest96 Posts: 2 Member
    I use mine in oatmeal or in my coffee with cocoa powder, stevia, vanilla extract, or protein shake
  • nissarayna
    nissarayna Posts: 70 Member
    I just this morning used PB2 for this recipe http://runningonrealfood.com/flourless-peanut-butter-banana-oatmeal-cookies/ I cut out a few bits so mine was just PB2, vanilla extract, old fashioned oats, bananas, choc chips and stevia. Wasn't all that great, kids hated them but for 63 Cal's each, I'll eat them. My recipe made 15. I tried PB2 plain on toast and ... It's nothing like PB to me, so I'll stick with my low sodium jif in the mornings!
  • LushFix
    LushFix Posts: 303 Member
    I love PB2 with apples, I may be a little odd as I also like to dip carrot stick, celery and sugar snap peas in it too.