Peanut Butter Powder - what do you do with yours?

Options
MiniMexxxxx
MiniMexxxxx Posts: 43 Member
edited May 2017 in Recipes
I love peanut butter powder (PB2 is my brand of choice) It's my favourite "diet" food. I mix with water and put it on toast or I dip apples in it but does anyone have any other creative uses for this wonderful stuff?

Replies

• MTgal477
    MTgal477 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Put it on my protein pancakes or waffles....and I dip bananas in it :smile:
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I take one of those 80 calorie non fat greek yogurts, and mix in about a serving of PB2. Delicious and only 125 calories. Satisfies my urge for peanut butter pretty well. Sometimes I'll that and spread it on a tortilla or protein brownie, etc.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Stirred into oatmeal.....yum.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Peanut sauce for dipping or stir fry
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I like it in Greek yogurt or on top of low calorie ice cream. I actually can't keep it around because I get a heavy hand with it. I never actually make peanut butter with it either. It's good in shakes too.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    I've used it to make satay sauce for marinading chicken or in a stir fry
  • MiniMexxxxx
    Options
    gmallan wrote: »
    I've used it to make satay sauce for marinading chicken or in a stir fry

I have been thinking about doing something similar. Do you add anything else to it other than water when you're marinating the chicken?

• Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Put it on pancakes, mix it with Greek yogurt or oatmeal or a protein shake, make cupcakes or cheesecake with it, mix it with fresh blackberries for kind of a pb&j effect...
  • kms234
    kms234 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I add it to smoothies and greek yogurt.
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Mix the powder into all kinds of things but never add water to make it into peanut butter. I put it in my cheesecake recipe, my oatmeal, greek yogurt, sprinkle it on top of my bran cereal, protein shakes, I love the stuff! Have to buy it in bulk off Amazon I go through it so fast!

My favorite is mixing it into my greek yogurt though, tastes like nutter butter <3
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I have used it in this recipe: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10500016/low-calorie-protein-cheesecake/p1

I have also made a sauce and used it on noodles with broccoli.

I have mixed 1 serving with 0.25 servings of peanut butter and some honey and and water spread it on bread. I tried mixing it up with just water and spreading it on bread... I need a little bit of added fat and the sweetness from the honey to eat it as a sandwich spread.

I really want to make a peanut butter pie with it! I have been looking at different recipes trying to decide which one to try.
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I like to dry fry a serving of shirataki noodles until the water is gone, then add 1 T peanut powder and 1 T soy sauce with about 1/2-1tsp coconut oil for a quick noodle dish. It's good with a squeeze of lime and garnish of scallions or cilantro. I stole/adapted that recipe from Trim Healthy Mama.

I also like peanut butter cream cheese fudge adapted from the same cookbook. It's 1/2 cup butter or coconut oil, 3/4 cup peanut flour, 3 oz cream cheese (lowfat or regular), a pinch of salt and sweetener or sugar of your choice to taste. Melt it all together, spread it in a pan and freeze or refrigerate until it hardens.
  • strshllw84
    strshllw84 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I prefer the Pb fit. I put it in my protein shakes and I also have made it into peanut butter and it was delicious!
  • MiniMexxxxx
    Options
    strshllw84 wrote: »
    I prefer the Pb fit. I put it in my protein shakes and I also have made it into peanut butter and it was delicious!

What's the difference?
  • strshllw84
    strshllw84 Posts: 256 Member
    Options

What's the difference?

Mostly the taste
  • eileenbednarz
    eileenbednarz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I add a tablespoon of PB2 to my 310 Protein Shake Chocolate every morning with a banana. Yum!
  • Autumnhovey757
    Autumnhovey757 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have a serious thing for fruit and peanut butter shakes. Blueberry peanut butter is my personal favorite. I get that at cookout most of the time. At home this skinned up smoothie hits all the same spots for about a fifth of the calories. I put in 3 servings of frozen fruit, but tablespoons of peanut powder, 3 cups of almond milk, and a strong squirt of liquid Stevia. Sometimes mint or basil if I am feeling fancy. I also do not like to mix water into mine. There is some 35 calorie a slice bread where I live and I like to mix the peanut powder into sugar free jelly and put it on the bread. If you do that with a to go sandwich it keeps the bread from getting all soggy from the water. Like someone mentioned above, it is so very good in oatmeal.