Don't eat after 19:00 evenings

Options
It's important to be focused..if you don't eat after 19:00 in the evenings every single day...the next morning you ll be 0,2 - 0,5 kg lighter...but you must eat 1000-2000 calories the day and you gonna loose weight so fast

Replies

• kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    what???
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    Yeah No
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    This is ridiculous!
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Timing of meals is irrelevant.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    It's important to be focused..if you don't eat after 19:00 in the evenings every single day...the next morning you ll be 0,2 - 0,5 kg lighter...but you must eat 1000-2000 calories the day and you gonna loose weight so fast

Ate 3 eggs, a slice of toast, and a bowl of yogurt while in bed last night and woke up 2.8 lb lighter than I was 3 days ago.

Meal timing means nothing except comfort. I sleep better with food in my stomach. Others sleep better on an empty stomach.
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Yeh that's not true.

A lot of people say this for one of two reasons.

1) By that time in the day you're likely to have already reached your recommended intake, or are close to it so eating more would take you out of a deficit or even maintenance for that day.

or

2) The type of foods people tend to go for at that time are usually ones with low nutrition content and high calorie counts . . . easy foods for snacking on in front of the TV or something quick and easy to eat after dinner. People aren't usually reaching for nutrient dense snacks like apples or protein bites or something like that. They're reaching for chips, cookies, brownies, etc. Which there's nothing wrong with any of those foods but it's very easy to eat 2, 3 or more of the recommend servings because the calorie count is so high for very little volume of food, and let's be honest . . . we visually want more of anything so we wouldn't be happy counting out 18 chips, or only 2 cookies. I mean with self control it can happen but most of us don't have that . . . I still don't for some things which is why I just can't buy them.

Timing of food is a personal preference. I don't eat after 7 but I am in bed by 9:30 and up at 5:15 so 7 for me is when I'm winding down for the night and I just prefer not to eat but when I've had a late day sometimes I am eating dinner while reading before I go to bed.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Ruatine wrote: »

None of this even makes sense. Everyone is going to have a different number of calories they need to eat. Saying someone needs to eat between 1000 and 2000 calories without knowing how active they are, their height and current weight is just nonsensical. Timing of eating has absolutely nothing to do with how much fat you lose. Finally, I don't want to "loose" weight so fast. I want to eat at a reasonable deficit and lose weight the smart way and not lose a bunch of lean body mass because I'm losing weight too quickly.

^thanks for saving me the trouble of typing that out.
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

In whose time zone? Yours or mine?

And what if I travel?

What about Daylight Savings Time?

And what happens if I don't eat dinner until 8 pm because I get home from work late?

You might just be in trouble . . . . might as well adjust your entire schedule to make it happen.