Don't eat after 19:00 evenings

Options
124»

Replies

• Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Wow. Your multiple BS 'you must do [enter scientifically unproven/disproven woo here] or you won't lose weight' posts are getting really old.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,038 Member
    Options
    would be a rare day when I eat dinner before 7 pm and an even rarer one when I eat nothing at all after 7 ie if I eat dinner early I nearly always have a snack later in evening.

This has not stopped me losing to my goal weight - admittedly not fast but I have kept the weight off for over 3 years.

• ConnieT1030
    ConnieT1030 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    neilhoopy wrote: »
    Peanut butter on slice of toast before bed..good for metabolism while you sleep

I don't think it works like that.

Probably not but I bet it tastes good :)
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    reneec257 wrote: »
    http://www.healthline.com/health/how-time-your-meals-optimal-weight-loss#takeaway5

Trying to figure out the best time to eat can be confusing, and researchers are looking to see if there are answers. One study showed that late lunch eaters (after 3:00 p.m.) lose less weight than early-eaters. It also found no difference in weight loss for the timing of breakfast and dinner meals. Restricting when you eat to 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. can reduce overall calorie intake by 244, according to another study. This is most likely due to the fact that you eat fewer calories due to less time spent eating. A longer overnight fast can also help with increasing fat loss as your body has time to reach a state of ketosis, which indicates that the body is using fat for energy.

when in ketosis you dont burn any more body fat than if you arent in ketosis.using fat for energy in ketosis comes from the fat you EAT, not body fat. body fat in lost in a deficit no matter what way of eating you incorporate.
  • PikaJoyJoy
    PikaJoyJoy Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    reneec257 wrote: »
    http://www.naturalnews.com/027916_liver_health_Chinese_medicine.html

interesting article on the subject and I don't see many fat Chinese walking around, just my opinion.

Have you actually been to China?
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options

*shrug* Not for me... I don't likey peanut butter. :sick:
  • PikaJoyJoy
    PikaJoyJoy Posts: 280 Member
    Options

GASPS!

Just kidding. It's probably like how I think nutella is nasty.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    PikaJoyJoy wrote: »

GASPS!

Just kidding. It's probably like how I think nutella is nasty.

Yeah it's a texture thing for me.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    It's important to be focused..if you don't eat after 19:00 in the evenings every single day...the next morning you ll be 0,2 - 0,5 kg lighter...but you must eat 1000-2000 calories the day and you gonna loose weight so fast

Ah...millions of years of evolution and we must stop eating by 1900...

Don't think so. Hell, I'm often not even home by 1900 during the week. I eat dinner every night around 2030/2100 and it's never hindered me in the least. If I want to drop weight I hit my weight loss calories (around 2300-2500 per day)...when I want to maintain, I hit my maintenance calories...
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,212 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    It's important to be focused..if you don't eat after 19:00 in the evenings every single day...the next morning you ll be 0,2 - 0,5 kg lighter...but you must eat 1000-2000 calories the day and you gonna loose weight so fast

Don't think so. Hell, I'm often not even home by 1900 during the week. I eat dinner every night around 2030/2100 and it's never hindered me in the least. If I want to drop weight I hit my weight loss calories (around 2300-2500 per day)...when I want to maintain, I hit my maintenance calories...

Maybe all that evolution is how my body knows which Time Zone I'm in and if I'm in a place that uses Daylight Saving or not. LOL
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

Happily for me, I live in the US where we don't do the 24 hour clock thing outside the military, so it's never later than 12:59. Therefore, I never eat past 19:00. I think this is why I managed to lose weight.

More seriously, I'm usually home after 8:30, eat around 9-9:30, sometimes later (last night around 10:30, which isn't great, but because I get to bed too late). Lost a bunch of weight doing this too. If I couldn't eat after 7, I would have to bring dinner to work most days, and that would be no fun.