Where do you want to be 3 months or a year from now?

Options

Replies

• neilvv
    neilvv Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I was really fat at 38 and have just turned 39 and i'm fit and healthy my goal is to be super fit and gain at least 15 pounds of muscle by my 40th birthday in about 1 years time !
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I really love thought provoking questions like this. Really, if you think about it the time will go by regardless if we do something about out situation or not. So we might as well buckle down and get to work and not waste out time.

In a year from now I turn 50. It will be a whole lot easier if I can turn 50 knowing I am the best I can be. That said I need to lose weight and gain stamina and strength.

The trouble is, I keep stopping after about 10 pounds. I need to stop stopping and say I can, I can, I can keep going!

I know I could do a lot of good in three months. How about, I CAN do a lot of good in three months.

Ready, set, lets go!!

Thanks for the question.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Today is my 6 month anniversary with MFP and I've only lost 23 lbs...so I'm pondering the idea that maybe I've been a little *too* lax as I'm trying to adjust my eating habits without pushing myself too hard. I'd like to lose another 57 lbs...so 3 months from now it would be great to be down another 10 lbs and in a year from now to be at goal.
  • needtoloseafewpounds
    needtoloseafewpounds Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and 60kg I'd love to be 45 kg in 3 months but that's pretty unlikely :) hahaha
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be debt free. As for weight loss, I'd like to be at goal in a year (140#, 192# atm) I'd like to have my doctor's okay to not care so much about sodium which would relieve my dining out options.
  • dkirkling
    dkirkling Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I want to be in onederland!
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Great job
  • Elicur
    Elicur Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Ugh.. this question has really been stomping on me these past few days! I really DON'T know where I want to be, that's my problem :(
  • Elektrolyfe
    Elektrolyfe Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    in 3 months, Bench 315, Deadlift at least 500

in 1 year, go on stage and win 1st place for physique.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    3 months? Done with PT and back to the level of strength, flexibility, endurance and performance I was at before becoming injured.

A year? I'll have met and exceeded that. :wink:
  • Ann_Marie_2x_MORE
    Ann_Marie_2x_MORE Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I started my fitness journey on 5/10/2013 at 260 pounds, I'm down 22 pounds from there.

So in 3 months I would like to be 24 pounds lighter, in a year I'd like to be at my goal weight.

In 3 months, I'd like to be able to go hiking for extended periods of time w/out getting too terribly winded. I'd like to be able to do my job, which entails walking acreage of land without feeling like I'm about to have a heat stroke.

In 3 months, I'd like to run a fun 5K like a Mud Run / Color Run or something like that.

And, I'd LIKE my back not to hurt when I accidentally roll over on my stomach while sleeping because my stomach throws my back out of alignment.

You know - it's the small things in life that make me really happy :)
  • stayfocusedAMANDA
    stayfocusedAMANDA Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    In three months I would like to have lost around twenty or so pounds, and finally run the 5k I have been dreaming about for such a long time! In one year I would have like to have reached my goal weight of 125 or wherever I am comfortable at. I am getting married on May 24 and just got my engagement pictures back and I looked so awful, and I want my wedding pictures to look much better!
  • blessedmomof3girls
    blessedmomof3girls Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    In three months? I WILL run my 2nd 5k in the beginning of Sept, and I am going to hopefully find more locally and run my little heart out. I really enjoy it, and I'm doing the c25k (starting wk5d1 tomorrow). I will be around 135, and still working hard towards my goals. Still working hard towards my weight goals, and figure out what works best for my PCOS.

In one yr? I will be at my goal of 125, maybe even 120 since it's way within my height/weight ratio. By then I will know how to lift better, and be working on toning and be stronger then ever! :)

These seem like big goals now! But one day it will be my reality! Can't wait to get there!
  • Alyssah09
    Alyssah09 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I am currently 220 lbs, in 3 months I would like to be 199 lbs and in one year I would like to be between 160 and 170 :)
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    In 3 mos,hope to lose another 15 pds,then another 10 by the 1st of the year.I'm happy as long as I'm losing,slooooow tho it is.
  • tamika39
    tamika39 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    In three months I would like to see myself 21lb lighter and in One year I would love to see myself at my 100 lb total weightloss goal if not more.I have about 70lbs total to lose just to start with.
  • rachelwarner32
    rachelwarner32 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    In 3 months I want to get through my Insanity workout with no breaks and have lost 25 pounds. A year from now I want to weigh 159 pounds which is my goal weight and fit in my skinny pants :happy:
  • Mini_horse_lover
    Mini_horse_lover Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    In 3 months time i would really like to be atleast 5kgs lighter but im aiming for 10kgs :) Any weight loss is good, though.
    In 1 year I would like to be at my goal of 70 kgs or even less.

If i lose, say 4 kilos a month I should be there in 6 months but if i lose 2kg a month I'll be there in a year. (Easily do-able!!!)
    I just want to be out of the obese range.
  • rochey_1
    rochey_1 Posts: 37
    Options
    You look fantastic...I agree making the mind stronger is the key to beating our inner demons.

I don't know if I'm the only one here but my weight sapped my confidence and self esteem to the point where i began to fear and run from life, I actually hid myself away for 6 years after my mother's death.

I quit my job to finish college but family problems at home stalled the career part...And then afterwards my mind took over "You'll fail, you're not good enough, no one will want you etc etc etc".

I lost most of my twenties cause i let I CAN'T rule me...I'm still struggling with that today..Sometimes those feelings just overwhelm, but yeah now 29 and have to start again and I'm terrified TBH.

In some ways i feel like a failure cause everyone else is married, settled in their chosen career or has kids by this point and i still feel like I'm 18 and lost and confused..Wow didn't mean to turn this into the story of my life but there ya go :))

I'm sick of the heaviness and exhaustion that happens with that little word FEAR....I finally decided that 'worst case scenario' is not reality and to just get out there and grab what i deserve...The more weight i lose the more comfortable in my skin i will be, The stronger I'll be...You're all reading this awkwardly now aren't you?? :D
  • melaniehubbard
    melaniehubbard Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    In three months 12 pounds down and in a year 50 down.I will be increasing my daily exercice to 60 min and continue with the calories MFP says I should have.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!