My not so positive side effects of massive weight loss.

Options

Replies

• Crackertime
    Crackertime Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Why would you come back? Why would you care about any of this anymore? You wouldn't.
  • STLBADGIRL
    STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    STLBADGIRL wrote: »
    I don't know if this is a troll or not, but this is some real stuff and real issues and I appreciate the honesty. And I'm sure if some are really honest with themselves they can identify with one of his issues after losing weight and reaching their goals.

I agree. Therapy might be in order. And I appreciate how candid and accountable you are. Now I hope you can address these issues and make some changes.

I wholeheartedly agree. I see no reason to criticize this post. It's someone being brutally honest. How many of us have looked deep enough to be able to list out our character flaws the way he has? That level of self awareness is not very common, especially in a man. And the fact that he can recognize them gives me hope that he will do something about them.

OP, who knows? Maybe your next obsession will be on spiritual and mental self-improvement to go with your new body. I do agree with the others in that seeking out a qualified therapist may help you work through some of these issues.

Totally agree
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I really respect your honesty. It can be confronting to admit to yourself that you're not perfect, and there are aspects of your personality that are not "nice". There are aspects of me that are not nice. I also hate fat people with a kind of pathological disgust, like they're weak and pathetic. I also hate "victims". The kind of people that "things happen to" that they "have no control over". I felt this way when I was fat, and I hated myself the most. I guess I'm just not a nice person.

I guess the bottom line is, really, are you happy with the new, hot, arrogant, stimulant addicted, shallow Charlie? It's okay if you are. Sounds like a bit of a lonely existence though. If your vanity and obsession is isolating you and making you unhappy, then you might need to make some changes. Talk to someone.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I appreciate your honesty I guess
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    senor_jeff wrote: »
    Not sure why people are responding in an angry fashion, when the OP is clearly not. It's just an opinion.. or do people feel threatened by the opinion of a total stranger? Censorship is just as evil as the subject that it's trying to cover up.

It's a troll post, and he's getting what he wanted.
  • newjax2017
    newjax2017 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I read your post. I'm sorry you arent't happy.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    This is the third time I have been back to read this. I am neutral in my thoughts, however sounds like an awful lot of not so positive things which makes me think these underlying positions were already in the makeup of who the person really is inside.

I must add my thoughts says the very first part of the OP says I have not posted in MFP in a long time, etc etc. but this account seems brand new to me.. always leary of what I read online, this even more so (just my opinion).
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I believe that losing a significant amount of weight changes personality as well as bmi.

Thank you OP for sharing your experience here.
    I'm going to take some time to reflect upon what I've lost and gained from body change.
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Seek professional help. ASAP

This is what weight loss did to you and really its not, this is who you are at your core. You see its ugly, now find a way to change it!

Its all you. Plenty of wonderful people here smashing their goals looking fabulous and being a decent human being.

I hope this is a troll post if not, seek help!
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    leejoyce31 wrote: »
    I agree regarding troll. I especially don't believe the part about bringing in so much business the firm can't handle the influx. Sounds like a load of stuff to me.

It's not all that hard to believe. Stimulants pay off in the short term and kill in the long term In the 60s it was meth fueling wall street and advertising... in the 80s it was cocaine fueling wall street and junk bonds etc.

Being able to work 25 hours a day is the road to success, It's also the road to addiction and hell.

I don't know whether or not the poster is being entirely veracious or not, but I've known people who lived like that. I also know that this sort of self examination is relatively foreign to someone who's suffering from these sorts of issues.

He's making a big deal out of ephedra/ine and dmaa, boasting about how his career skyrocketed, and how upset he is that he became james bond with the ladies. I suggest reading OP's trolling with a critical eye. It was designed to trigger people into getting angry and goes to great lengths to hit multiple sensitive areas. None of it is real. And if it is real (which it is not), he has a victim complex. I've flagged the post, and I'm sure others have as well, but for whatever reason the moderators feels this is a "success story" (A bunch of complaining, humble brags, and baiting, to me, is not a success story. At least I don't find it very inspiring).

The worst part is all the people eating it all up, causing the infighting he was hoping for.

I don't believe you were justified in flagging his post...but I'll let the moderators sort that out. If they delete it, I think that would be quite sad as it would be censoring an interesting viewpoint. I don't know if it is true or not, but there is nothing there that proves he is trolling. And there is nothing there that should make reasonable people angry. He is critical of himself...not holding himself out as a shining example of what everybody should aspire to.
  • bigmuneymfp
    bigmuneymfp Posts: 2,235 Member
    Options
    OP welcome to my world brother!!!!!
  • cowleyl
    cowleyl Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    From what I can see, charliet2010 has only posted on MFP on 5 May 2017. Also, on his own admission, he hasn't logged on to MFP for a long time (in fact, from what I can see he has only ever posted twice and that was on 5 May 2017, so perhaps he's not being entirely truthful). His premise about MFP is wrong (in my humble opinion) and I don't understand why he even thought to use MFP to vent (that's not a criticism, we all need to vent sometimes) but it just seems odd. I suspect he will eventually come back down to earth when women start to see through him. He will probably then have a self-effacing period whereby he stacks the weight back on (as many of us, including me, have done) and will call upon us to help. I'm sure we will, as we are such a nice bunch of people.
  • adamgoleafs87
    adamgoleafs87 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    cowleyl wrote: »
    From what I can see, charliet2010 has only posted on MFP on 5 May 2017. Also, on his own admission, he hasn't logged on to MFP for a long time (in fact, from what I can see he has only ever posted twice and that was on 5 May 2017, so perhaps he's not being entirely truthful). His premise about MFP is wrong (in my humble opinion) and I don't understand why he even thought to use MFP to vent (that's not a criticism, we all need to vent sometimes) but it just seems odd. I suspect he will eventually come back down to earth when women start to see through him. He will probably then have a self-effacing period whereby he stacks the weight back on (as many of us, including me, have done) and will call upon us to help. I'm sure we will, as we are such a nice bunch of people.

Re-read his post, he said he doesn't remember his old username.
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I actually think the honesty is refreshing...? So, you know.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!