My boss - Im torn

Options
Ironandwine69
Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
I was wearing a short sleeve shirt today. I lifted my arms to put my hair in a ponytail.
My boss ( female in her 30s) says" Oh, you're way too muscular. I just want to tone, I think I will start doing 10k steps a day".

Now the question is do I go to HR for muscle discrimination or her using the word "tone"? I'm torn.

Replies

• Ironandwine69
    Options
    you shoulda just looked her up and down, then said "honey, it's gonna take a lot more than 10k steps a day"

You mean like 12k?
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    you shoulda just looked her up and down, then said "honey, it's gonna take a lot more than 10k steps a day"

You mean like 12k?

in my expert opinion, even without seeing pics, i would suggest no lower than 12.5k.
  • RightTrackBaby
    RightTrackBaby Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I agree with @Avocado_Angel

Take her job.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    My employer made me cut off my ponytail. You should be grateful that you are afforded such liberties. :pensive:

• SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Definitely file a complaint with HR. Give companies another reason to transfer jobs overseas where they're not constantly being sued for silly stuff like this
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking she was likely making conversation on a personal level and thinking it was ok. If it wasn't then just say so. But I am wondering - were you actually indignant, slightly amused or somewhere in between? Sounded like a compliment from a thousand miles away... => Revel in your gorgeousness, they can't take that away.
  • Ironandwine69
    Options
    Definitely file a complaint with HR. Give companies another reason to transfer jobs overseas where they're not constantly being sued for silly stuff like this

So you're saying I might have a case?
  • Ironandwine69
    Options
    My employer made me cut off my ponytail. You should be grateful that you are afforded such liberties. :pensive:

We get lunch break too!!
  • Ironandwine69
    Options
    Your main problem - she's your boss.
    I would start angling at a way to take her job, that'll show her

So I should start going on walks with her and tone too?
  • Ironandwine69
    Options
    I'm thinking she was likely making conversation on a personal level and thinking it was ok. If it wasn't then just say so. But I am wondering - were you actually indignant, slightly amused or somewhere in between? Sounded like a compliment from a thousand miles away... => Revel in your gorgeousness, they can't take that away.

I actually love my boss. We go to lunch together etc. I think her plan is to get me fat too, but that's a totally different issue. She is just very ignorant when it comes to fitness and nutrition.
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member
    Options

I think her plan is to get me fat too, but that's a totally different issue.

do y'all often travel together for work? she might be worried of plane crashes in hard-to-reach, mountainous locations in winter.

• Ironandwine69
    Options
    Congrats on being ripped.
    And maybe her comment seems silly, but I think it's lame to make fun of people who want to be active, even if they're not as badass as you.

On a serious note though, it feels as ripped people ( I don't consider myself ripped by the way) should be sensitive about what they say around people that are just starting( or not)..but somehow it's better calling people too thin, skinny, muscular, meathead etc( when it's not meant as a compliment).
    Like you'd never go and say "damn girl you are getting too fat",but you can say " oh you're getting skinny".