My boss - Im torn

Options

Replies

• Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    I would just flap one of her bingo wings and say "is this what we are calling toned these days?"

Haha
  • Ironandwine69
    Options
    I'm thinking she was likely making conversation on a personal level and thinking it was ok. If it wasn't then just say so. But I am wondering - were you actually indignant, slightly amused or somewhere in between? Sounded like a compliment from a thousand miles away... => Revel in your gorgeousness, they can't take that away.

I think her plan is to get me fat too, but that's a totally different issue.

do y'all often travel together for work? she might be worried of plane crashes in hard-to-reach, mountainous locations in winter.

Are you saying my boss wants to eat me?
  • bigmuneymfp
    bigmuneymfp Posts: 2,235 Member
    Options
    I want to evaluate your levels now post a full length selfie!!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking she was likely making conversation on a personal level and thinking it was ok. If it wasn't then just say so. But I am wondering - were you actually indignant, slightly amused or somewhere in between? Sounded like a compliment from a thousand miles away... => Revel in your gorgeousness, they can't take that away.

do y'all often travel together for work? she might be worried of plane crashes in hard-to-reach, mountainous locations in winter.

could you blame her?
  • Dyl1789
    Dyl1789 Posts: 2,933 Member
    Options
    your boss is jealous, I'd be stoked that she is taking that much notice
  • Ironandwine69
    Options

Yes sir. This is the bicep in question.
  • Ironandwine69
    Options
    dylans1789 wrote: »
    your boss is jealous, I'd be stoked that she is taking that much notice

Actually no, I don't think she is jealous. There's alot of people that don't like the muscular look in women. And that's fine. It's not for everyone. When I started listing around ten years ago I was almost the only woman at the weight room with the guys( I'm sure other women lifted, but didn't happen to be lifting at the same time). Now it's filled with women, and I love it. We are growing and accepting women being muscular.
  • bigmuneymfp
    bigmuneymfp Posts: 2,235 Member
    Options

Yes sir. This is the bicep in question.

I approve!!!
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options

Motorsheen wrote: »
    wait for her in the parking lot after work.

when she exits the building, square off

as she's laying in the parking lot, stand over her and ask: "Who's Toned Now?"

btw: Never, *kitten* ever run to HR. It makes you look like a puss.

In the spirit of Star Wars, you sir, are Yoda.
  • ZodFit
    ZodFit Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    What is Fit shaming for 500
  • Ironandwine69
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

could you blame her?

So what should I do?
  • omakase619
    omakase619 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Wait you took offense to that comment and want to report her to hr for it?
  • Ironandwine69
    Options
    omakase619 wrote: »
    Wait you took offense to that comment and want to report her to hr for it?

Yes.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    could it be about context. was she as your boss, making an inappropriate comment, or was it just as a friend making a comment regarding her personal opinion on muscle on women. I dunno...you were the only one of us there, so only you really know. Whats the gain for reporting her? whats the recourse if HR doesn't see it your way?

i'd view it as a compliment and move on with my day. but i'm pretty easy going.
  • abs1970
    abs1970 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    OMG this is the funniest - sad I missed it!
  • T0M_K
    Options
    abs1970 wrote: »

hey your to ripped to comment here :P lol ;)
  • Ironandwine69
    Options
    Tomk652015 wrote: »

Stop hitting on her. You creep!
  • T0M_K
    Options
    Tomk652015 wrote: »

Stop hitting on her. You creep!

lmao. your arms suck ;)
  • Ironandwine69
    Options
    31shines wrote: »
    I'm wondering how you said you love your boss on one hand but want to report her on the other. If you guys have a friendly relationship like going to lunch etc. She probably thought she could comment. That's why bosses should stay bosses and not get friendly. I think hr is for serious offenses not something so stupid. People this day are way too sensitive. Move on! With so many out of work be glad you have a job.

You're hurting my feelings.