My boss - Im torn

Options
124»

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I was wearing a short sleeve shirt today. I lifted my arms to put my hair in a ponytail.
    My boss ( female in her 30s) says" Oh, you're way too muscular. I just want to tone, I think I will start doing 10k steps a day".

Now the question is do I go to HR for muscle discrimination or her using the word "tone"? I'm torn.

just punch her in the face and move on...
  • kenzienal
    kenzienal Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    kenzienal wrote: »
    the amount of seriousness in some of the replies is actually really amusing.

Btw op, can i borrow that bicep for a day? I recently told my gym junkie boss that I was planning to start lifting here soon, and he hit me with the "No, dont do that, girls shouldnt be lifting, just go for a run. Bulky girls are not attractive". LOL *eyeroll*

On a different note, told my boyfriend (who is pretty jacked already with biceps the size of my head), that I wanted to start lifting and his response was "Thats awesome! Gosh, I hope you end up with bigger arms than me, that would be great!" Lol he was being totally honest too. Goof.

Awe thank you. Yeah real man are not scared of muscular women

My husband fist bumbs me when I have gainzzzzz. Then I go in the kitchen and put my muscles in good use and whip something good for dinner

Men do like their women made sammiches, mine certainly does lol
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    geez its obvious some people here dont know what sarcasm is :/

Hey..at least they have real usernames. Just sayin
  • Dazzler21
    Dazzler21 Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Gimsteinn1 wrote: »
    I didn't read all the thread but here's my 5 cents

She was pulling a passive aggressive move
    She just fit shamed you
    I know you're confident but I think that belongs at HR.. Specially comming from a boss.

This.
  • Ironandwine69
    Options
    geez its obvious some people here dont know what sarcasm is :/

Hey..at least they have real usernames. Just sayin

you no likey my name?

*Sticks tongue to you"
  • omakase619
    omakase619 Posts: 226 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Take it to hr and tell us how badly they laugh at you. Op has never lived a life of a minority. People go thru their entire lives hearing racial slurs and you're gonna get upset .

Muscle arms lives matter!
  • Ironandwine69
    Options
    omakase619 wrote: »
    Take it to hr and tell us how badly they laugh at you. Op has never lived a life of a minority. People go thru their entire lives hearing racial slurs and you're gonna get upset .

Muscle arms lives matter!

Oh please!!
  • MessyApron
    MessyApron Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm going to share with you a quote from Epictetus:
    "Any person capable of angering you becomes your master; he can answer you only when you permit yourself to be disturbed by him."

I advise you to shake it off, sister. Shake it off, focus on yourself, and move on.