How often do you log your weight?

Options

Replies

• moonstroller
    moonstroller Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Every morning, and then I write it on my calendar.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday but only record on MFP when there's a loss. I dunno why, I guess it just makes me feel better lol.
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Another Happy Scale user here, so daily! I'll log my weight weekly into MFP, though.
  • thephoenixrisen
    thephoenixrisen Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Every morning. My wife thinks I'm crazy and said it would drive her nuts, but for me, it's a good a reminder of how much weight fluctuates. As long as the overall trend is way you want it to go (depending on goals), no harm IMO. I'm syncing with Fitbit's App, and I do like on their that they will tell you the average for the week.
  • ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Daily for me as well. First thing in the morning after using the bathroom before getting my day started. Fluctuations are going to happen... but weighing daily has allowed me to get to know how my body responds around my TOM and more. Some people get discouraged and simply find it better for them to weigh less often. For me, it gives me more 'drive' to keep pushing harder if the scale doesn't read as I may hope.

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    ksedge wrote: »
    I need to check out happy scales app!
    Im also weighing daily so I can quickly find out what i did wrong the previous day so I can correct

It doesn't really work that way. Weight naturally fluctuates high up &down even when doing everything perfectly. Problems may not show up on the scales for 1 to 5 days. It's great to weigh daily, I do, but make sure you're interpreting the data correctly.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    Every day or few days. I downloaded the Happy Scale app so I'll now don't daily. I'm good with the fluctuations so I don't mind
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself pretty much every day out of curiosity, then log the actual weight once a week. :)
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Every morning in Libra.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    gebeziseva wrote: »
    Every morning in Libra.
    Is this an app?
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Im also weighing daily so I can quickly find out what i did wrong the previous day so I can correct

Like others have said, one day's change doesn't give anything to correct. Most people will fluctuate up to 4-5 pounds in a day. As a male with no TOM, that happens to me. You really won't have enough data from a scale for at least 4-6 weeks to make an informed decision to correct anything. Your fluctuations in a day can be twice as big or more than your fat loss in a week. The scale could very easily show you with 3 pound gain, while you lost 2 pounds of fat - masking your loss. It could also show a 5 pound loss with 2 of those pounds being fat - thereby exaggerating your loss. All due to fluid retention and fluctuations.

That's why trend and time matter. Just say no to decisions based on very limited data and do the process right. Then you'll get the squiggly mostly downward graph that would apply to just about everyone who does the process right.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,148 Member
    Options
    gebeziseva wrote: »
    Every morning in Libra.
    Is this an app?

Yes. For Android. Last I checked, Happy Scale doesn't run on Android.
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily most of the time but I only record my losses in mfp.
  • ksedge
    ksedge Posts: 10 Member
    Options

Like others have said, one day's change doesn't give anything to correct. Most people will fluctuate up to 4-5 pounds in a day. As a male with no TOM, that happens to me. You really won't have enough data from a scale for at least 4-6 weeks to make an informed decision to correct anything. Your fluctuations in a day can be twice as big or more than your fat loss in a week. The scale could very easily show you with 3 pound gain, while you lost 2 pounds of fat - masking your loss. It could also show a 5 pound loss with 2 of those pounds being fat - thereby exaggerating your loss. All due to fluid retention and fluctuations.

That's why trend and time matter. Just say no to decisions based on very limited data and do the process right. Then you'll get the squiggly mostly downward graph that would apply to just about everyone who does the process right.

Thanks for the information, I also took my measurements and have lost inches.
  • ksedge
    Options

Even if you are up a few ounces or even a pound or two the next day, that doesn't mean you didn't anything wrong. I have some days where I'm up 2 or 3 lbs and then down the next couple days. Weight loss is not linear- that's why it's fun to get the app and watch that trend!

I ended up having to download Libra for Android
  • BlueSkyShoal
    BlueSkyShoal Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I log every day. :)
  • FreyasRebirth
    FreyasRebirth Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I'm adding my chart, for a female comparison. The spike starting 04/09 was me being sick. I switch between maintenance and 0.5 lb/week loss, depending on how my cycle affects my appetite.

8wikc0vgivf6.png
  • irxproductions
    irxproductions Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    xilf8x9m58bt.png

Three years of daily weigh-ins, anyone? I'm a tracking nerd. :)
  • KM0692
    KM0692 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Every Monday morning. Once I reach goal weight, it will be daily. I don't plan on tracking at this point (very tired of it), but obviously want to keep tabs on things so that if I go up more than 2 lbs., I can nip it in the bud.
  • ksedge
    Options
    I'm adding my chart, for a female comparison. The spike starting 04/09 was me being sick. I switch between maintenance and 0.5 lb/week loss, depending on how my cycle affects my appetite.

8wikc0vgivf6.png

Thanks for sharing. Cant wait until I have that much info in my graph!