How often do you log your weight?

Options

Replies

• ksedge
    ksedge Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    xilf8x9m58bt.png

Three years of daily weigh-ins, anyone? I'm a tracking nerd. :)

Congratulations!
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I log everyday but look for the trends. I dont freak out over the daily movements but I look for the longer term trends.

This^
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Happy scale for iPhone
    Libra for Android
    Trendweight for Windows
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I try not to weigh too much. Once a week or less. If I have a bad weigh in day it kinda ruins my mood. I would rather weigh less and be pleasantly surprised. Than not see the number moving.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    LAWoman72 wrote: »
    I weigh myself pretty much every day out of curiosity, then log the actual weight once a week. :)

Ditto. :-)
  • gabriellax92
    gabriellax92 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I also weigh daily every morning after I have gone to the bathroom (number 1 and 2, especially 2 makes a difference lol) and before I eat anything. I use the Libra app to monitor my fluctuations and only log in MFP when I've reached a new lowest weight. Don't be discouraged if you see weight gain 1 or 2 days, it's normal. However I had one week where I didn't see any change for the whole week and it was definitely caused by eating bad. Just made me realize how important it is to stay on track. Now I'm steadily losing :)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    after I have gone to the bathroom (number 1 and 2, especially 2 makes a difference lol) )

OMG finaaalllly! i thought i was only one who does this.

If i havent "expelled" that morning then i don't bother to weigh myself that day.

• gabriellax92
    gabriellax92 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    after I have gone to the bathroom (number 1 and 2, especially 2 makes a difference lol) )

If i havent "expelled" that morning then i don't bother to weigh myself that day.

Lol! I've weighted myself before and after going and I swear there was almost pound difference. Maybe that TMI... but it's true haha
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

Lol! I've weighted myself before and after going and I swear there was almost pound difference. Maybe that TMI... but it's true haha

Haha yeah, it definitely does make a difference on the scale!

• spiffychick85
    spiffychick85 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I log once I see the same weight on the scale consecutively 2 days in a row, both on here and then on fitbit app...but it's like if I don't see the same weight on the scale at least twice the first low number was just a dream and never happened :D
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I get on the scale usually once a day, minimum. But the only time that gets logged Sunday AM after using the washroom.
  • exmsde
    exmsde Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself every day, only log on Monday. But with a Fitbit Aria if I get on the scale it is automatically logged so that strategy is out the window. New strategy is to weigh and log a few times a week.
  • Jd1360
    Jd1360 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I have found that I can get strangely obsessive if I weigh daily. I find that if I see zero change, I feel discouraged and I don't want that. My solution? "Weigh Day Sundays," as I like to call them. *IF* I am feeling particularly confident, I will weigh on Wednesdays as a spot check, but I try to refrain more than that.
  • rsmotivated
    rsmotivated Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    LAWoman72 wrote: »
    I weigh myself pretty much every day out of curiosity, then log the actual weight once a week. :)

This is what I do too.
  • marelthu
    marelthu Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    toxikon wrote: »
    I weigh everyday but only record on MFP when there's a loss. I dunno why, I guess it just makes me feel better lol.

Me too. I only log a 1 pound loss or more.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    Only when I like what the scale's got to say.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    gebeziseva wrote: »
    Every morning in Libra.
    Is this an app?

Think Happy Scale for Android.

I found a Withings scale on a clearance table, so I weigh daily and it gets update here, Trendweight, Garmin without me typing in anything.

Sunday mornings I take measurements. I then punch them into BF calculators to get an idea on my BF% and what's going on. I know they are not accurate, but I'm hoping they trend well. Just over 6 weeks doing this.

Everything goes into Excel.
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Every morning. And very aware that my weight can fluctuate up and down dramatically depending on what I ate the prior day. A bad happy hour can bloat me up 3+ pounds the next morning. But a good day of water and running can take it right back off.
  • Scandinavianblonde00
    Scandinavianblonde00 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Every time it drops... so about every week. Two weeks in and losing 2.5lb per week.