Cleanser

Options

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I do cleanses all the time, and try different ones, and yes, they do work!
  • PikaJoyJoy
    PikaJoyJoy Posts: 280 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Detoxes and Cleanses
    (Courtesy of Sara with Eat, Train, Progress)
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    balewis77 wrote: »
    Hello. Could somebody please tell me what is the proper way to cleanse my body and should buy a short term on long term cleanser?

The "cleanses" you see advertised don't do very much. But if you are looking for a way to get yourself on track, I would recommend planning out meals with whole, nutrient dense foods, focus on hitting your macros and micros, drink enough water, and get enough sleep. You can accomplish the same feeling of mentally getting yourself on track and just feeling better physically that most people hope to achieve with a cleanse just by doing that.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Dr. Kellogg (yes that one) invented a colonic irrigator back in the 1800's. It's an old idea that needs to die.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Harvey_Kellogg
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Dr. Kellogg (yes that one) invented a colonic irrigator back in the 1800's. It's an old idea that needs to die.

Did you read, The Road to Wellville? Great book.
  • crooked_left_hook
    crooked_left_hook Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Philosophy Pure Grace or Amazing Grace shower gel and a shower puff or gloves. Spritz of matching perfume for the layered fragrance effect.

I love all things Philosophy.
  • crooked_left_hook
    crooked_left_hook Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I watched a documentary about a girl who was addicted to eating Comet cleanser. I wonder if she read somewhere on FB that it would help her lose weight...
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    If your body is functioning properly, it cleanses itself. I'm not a doctor but I find the cleaner I eat, they better things move and the less inflammation I have in my body. Water, water, water.
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Alright. Now you know what most in this community think of cleanses. People define being helpful in different ways, obviously.

As for me, I need more information to be helpful in my way: Why do you feel you need a cleanse? Are you irregular? Are you just wanting to get a jumpstart on a diet? Are you feeling like you've been abusing your body with unhealthy foods and alcohol? Do you feel bloated and sluggish?

For me, the perfect "cleanse" is to take some probiotics and prebiotics, drink lots of water, eat 7 servings a day of veggies and 3 servings of fruit, get adequate protein, and include fat from good sources like nuts and avocados. What works for me is to eliminate alcohol, sugar laden foods, grains and starchy veggies. It makes the bloat go away and I feel more energetic and sharp minded. Following this plan will most likely address any of the possible issues I listed above in a healthful way.
  • MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    lol you *kitten* are absolutely genius.
  • FreyasRebirth
    FreyasRebirth Posts: 514 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »

He promoted (male and female) circumcision to the US too. *Shudder*
This discussion has been closed.