Nerds Unite!

Options

Replies

• tattooedpinupgal1
    Options
    Playstation One/Nintendo RPG's - Star Wars - LOTR - vintage Green Arrow series - etc. I love being a nerd. c:
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I'm a nerd when it comes to CoD. Especially Black Ops and MW2 (old, I know) on Xbox 360.

I'm always up for some kind of gamer battles!

If you want my tag, message me/add me as a friend!
  • JamericanBoy
    JamericanBoy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Nerd. Geek. Whatever. I'm one of those.

Anyone playing modded Skyrim?
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    2b9.gif

Pretty into any nerdy topic you'd like to discuss. Those with which I'm not familiar, I'd sure like to be.
  • Nephere
    Options
    Score! I'm not the only nerdy person here. I was starting to get worried that I might be all alone ._.

I'm into all sorts of games, puzzles and strategy (and card!) being my favorites. I play tons of shooters on 360, because that's all my friends ever want to play -.-''' I enjoy mindless violence on occasion as much as the next gamer, but I do prefer awesome storylines when it all comes down to it. I play a ton of stuff on Steam, when my laptop decides to play nice. Though, admittedly, more often than not, it doesn't. I like the occasional anime, but I find it hard to find ones that I like. Though Soul Eater and Death Note are definitely my two favorites. I'm always open to new animes to try. I like a few tv shows here and there, like Supernatural and Breaking Bad.

When it all boils down, though, I'm more of a gamer. So if anyone would like to be my friend, maybe we can talk gaming or even play something sometime! On 360, though. The most recent PlayStation I have is an original PS2... Stone age, I know.

(I'm also an old-fashioned nerd. I read these amazing things called "books" that kids these days seem to have no idea what to do with, and I spend a good chunk of my free time learning languages because four is never enough.)
  • lolapedia88
    lolapedia88 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Wednesday is comic book day in my house

:)
  • theopenforum
    theopenforum Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Yes I am a nerd x1000 and I would love to help in any way I can :)
    I have lost 150lbs and I am working on loosing a bit more while building muscle in order to reach my genetic potential. I just joined this channel so I am not sure how everything works but yell if ya need me

Gamertag is:Openforum btw :P
  • darkon
    darkon Posts: 5,342 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Lè nerd from Italy checking in :)
    On Wow since forever, playing d3 sc2 and actually in a hearthstone beta full immersion ^_^
  • TRD66
    TRD66 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Who would've thought there were so many nerds on MFP???? :bigsmile:

And, yes, I include my self in that list.

Don't do any of the online RPG stuff, it's a time issue, but still fit the bill.

Managed to get my wife to watch Big Bang Theory with me. She likes it, but commented that sometimes she sees me in the program, only not as bright :grumble:

Big Red Dwarf fan, and a lot of the fantast/Sci-FI TV and books. Love Sid Meier's stuff for the PC, especially the CIv series, although somewhat disappointed by the last edition.

Just to complete the profile, do still play some D&D along with some MTG.

Honestly, I do get out to exercise, I promise.

Friends always welcome.
  • LumpySpacePrincess1
    Options
    I'm one of those nerds who is so OTT that I make other nerds uncomfortable.
    The issue is that I'm a nerd and a fan girl fused together into one eccentric lump :bigsmile:
    Case and point: I have a Batman wrist tattoo. When I have exams o am under stress, I look to my tattoo for my inner Wayne.
    It's devastatingly dorky.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    The issue is that I'm a nerd and a fan girl fused together into one eccentric lump :bigsmile:
    Case and point: I have a Batman wrist tattoo. When I have exams o am under stress, I look to my tattoo for my inner Wayne.

Once more proving why I love you...

I love all things nerdy.
  • Quieau
    Quieau Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Has anyone posted this yet? Can't resist. Just sayin ... :drinker:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir3v5yDk9Ws
  • LumpySpacePrincess1
    Options

Once more proving why I love you...

I love all things nerdy.
    *Sings* Is this love that I'm feelin? Is this the love that I've been searchin for?!
    I'm also really REALLY into cosplay. I'm at my best when I'm dressed as a comic book character. Last year was Harley Quinn (my lovah!).
    Other than all that, I'm really into science. Specifically biology. I have 4 large biology books I read daily. My ritual is watching sci-fi while I study, keeps me in the zone. Favourites being The Thing, Aliens or Prometheus (that fallin ship scene!)
    I am a know-it-all nerd though. I like learning things simply to insert these tidbits of knowledge in at random irrelevant times.
    "DID YOU KNOW BLAH BLAH HERP DERP?!"
    I'm annoying. Like Hermione without looking like Emma Watson :grumble:
    Eff Harry Potter btw.
  • loneaffliction
    loneaffliction Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    NERDS UNITE!

I always get ridiculously excited when I stumble across a random nerd on MFP. Now, look! A WHOLE THREAD OF THEM! I think I actually squealed. Don't judge me.

Too tedious to list all of my obsessions, but gamer, fangirl extraordinaire, glutton for TV, movies, books, and information.

Feel free to add me for support.
  • asimmons221
    asimmons221 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I though I posted in here, anyways, engineering student, sci-fi fan extraordinaire.

add me.
  • bubaluboo
    bubaluboo Posts: 2,098 Member
    Options
    Not sure of the difference between nerd, geek and dork so don't know what category I fall into but I'm sure I'm one of them :)

I'm a research scientist. Give me numbers to crunch or graphs to extrapolate or a problem to solve and I'm happy as a pig in muck. When I'm not doing those things, it's word games for me. I haven't produced my own weightloss spreadsheet but you can be sure I've tried every method of representing the data in various apps...unfortunately none of them make the last few week's plateau look anything like a downward slope
  • asimmons221
    asimmons221 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Not sure of the difference between nerd, geek and dork so don't know what category I fall into but I'm sure I'm one of them :)

I'm a research scientist. Give me numbers to crunch or graphs to extrapolate or a problem to solve and I'm happy as a pig in muck. When I'm not doing those things, it's word games for me. I haven't produced my own weightloss spreadsheet but you can be sure I've tried every method of representing the data in various apps...unfortunately none of them make the last few week's plateau look anything like a downward slope

I love the way you go about this in an analysis type of way.
  • bubaluboo
    bubaluboo Posts: 2,098 Member
    Options

I love the way you go about this in an analysis type of way.

Ha ha that's me! I can be quite irritating :laugh:
  • bergamese
    bergamese Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm a library-type nerd. I like reading, I don't drink alcohol, I like a quiet Friday night at home, talking with my man or reading a book.

Deep love for Joss Whedon, especially the buffy-verse.
  • LumpySpacePrincess1
    Options
    I'm a library-type nerd. I like reading, I don't drink alcohol, I like a quiet Friday night at home, talking with my man or reading a book.

Deep love for Joss Whedon, especially the buffy-verse.
    It's like you're me...except less single :love:

I move country quite frequently (globetrotter) and I carry an entire suitcase full of my favourite books with me.
    Book nostalgia has done my back no favours.