Support for learning to eat regularly to lose the last 10 lbs

2»

Replies

• katalisp
    katalisp Posts: 7 Member
    Hi just joined this thread. My quick 2 cents on sugar cravings and anxiety, probiotics make a big difference to both according the the latest research.

Here's an easy lead in article with references at the bottom. Hope this helps :-)
    http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/12/07/ingesting-friendly-bugs-probiotics-reduce-anxiety.aspx
  • shellifish7295
    shellifish7295 Posts: 50 Member
    GMatoR wrote: »
    Have you tried drinking more?
    Since I've made a point of drinking more (sugar free cordial or cucumber/mint water) I've found it much easier to curb my appetite. So much so that I really feel stupid for not having done this straight away.

When I say more, I mean a 750ml sports bottle at breakfast, mug of coffee, another couple of sports bottles if I've been exercising, and then at least one sports bottle before any meal. Sure you have to pee a lot, but headaches don't really happen and the mid-afternoon slump has disappeared too. Oh, I get fewer muscle cramp. Its awesome.

I do this too and it helps A LOT! Also I would prep your meals during the day and know you have to eat those meals.if you get hungry in between your meals drink some water. Or if you just can't finish your prepped meal put it back in the fridge and eat it the rest when you get a little hungry again. Then cook dinner for you and your family. I do this for my husband. I make my meal with only the protein and vegetable and then make the same for him but add potatoes or rice. That makes him fuller so he doesn't feel like he needs more food and your getting everything you need too. Try flavor god seasonings. They are all awesome very flavorful low sodium.

Also remember muscle weighs more than fat so if your lifting weights you may still be loosing but also gaining muscle at the same time. Take progress pictures or measure yourself. It will help see any changes even if the scale isn't changing.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 951 Member
    katalisp wrote: »
    Hi just joined this thread. My quick 2 cents on sugar cravings and anxiety, probiotics make a big difference to both according the the latest research.

Here's an easy lead in article with references at the bottom. Hope this helps :-)
    http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/12/07/ingesting-friendly-bugs-probiotics-reduce-anxiety.aspx

This is interesting. I haven't been on a probiotic for a while, and do remember feeling well on them. That's a good one. Gut/mental health!

I'll take the water suggestions too. I get bored of water by the afternoons, I think. But I like the taste of cider vinegar or lemon in H20 so I can do more of that later in the day. Or wheatgrass mix.