Is this healthy?

Options
muh9mt7ugdox.png

Obviously I'm eating too little for 5'11 but i started walking 8,000-10,000 steps a day and going to the gym, I've lost my apetite after coming back from a gym. Sometimes I feel like i'm only hungry for junk even if i have healthy options but then when i eat junk i feel gross and weird.
What is wrong!!

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,208 Member
    Options
    linlinjay wrote: »
    Sometimes I feel like i'm only hungry for junk even if i have healthy options but then when i eat junk i feel gross and weird.

What's junk food?

• linlinjay
    linlinjay Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Sometimes I feel like i'm only hungry for junk even if i have healthy options but then when i eat junk i feel gross and weird.

What's junk food?

Something that is highly processed or not a whole food???
  • linlinjay
    linlinjay Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more full stop. 1000 calories leaves your body literally nothing for bodily functions. You are going to have a collapse at some point if you carry on like this. The odd day is fine. Every day is not.

It sounds like you have some sort of morally applied view of food and it's the guilt associated with so called "junk" that's the issue not that it actually makes you feel bad. It's always better to eat as healthfully as possible but there is also a time when you just need to get calories in to prevent harm.

I cant make myself eat though, i'm not hungry :(
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,208 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

What's junk food?

Something that is highly processed or not a whole food???

Such as ... ????
  • xchocolategirl
    xchocolategirl Posts: 186 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    You're causing damage to your body by undereating. You're not even fueling your body what's the point of going to the gym to have a nicer body if you're causing possibly long term damage to yourself? Since you're undereating you can deal with hair loss, bone loss (early onset osteoporosis is possible or just having it when you're older), organ failure, skin will show early skins of aging, brittle nails, loss of muscle, infertility could occur, ulcers, loose skin is a possibly as well, and lots of other things as well. If you're curious feel free to do a search on the effects of under-eating.

Op, you may have an eating disorder tell this to a professional show then how much you eat, and what you're burning, and if you don't change your ways you could end up in a hospital bed. Malnutrition should be taken seriously. I hope you seek help good luck.

One thing I wanted to say is your burn rate seems kinda high... calorie burns are often over-estimated, but you're still not eating enough 1000 calories isn't enough the minimum is 1200 calories on MyFitnessPal with the assumption that you're not working out at all. Once you're working out it gives you more calories to refuel yourself (you're not even doing that). However, 1200
    Calories isn't even for everyone (it'sr recommended the less you have to lose 0.5 being a good start at first) if you're trying to lose weight fast and deal with loose skin and stretch marks continue with your path and loosing muscle, and their things i mentioned as well.

I don't know your current weight or height, but If you're at a normal weight (recomposition would be a better idea).
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    Okay..a couple of things:

1. Burning 750 calories is a serious amount of calories to burn for a female. I have a hard time believing that's accurate. And I am 5'10
    2. Are you gonna starve to death from this? No
    3. Is this healthy if it's every day? No, it's not.
    4. Is this healthy once in a while? Sure. But your body will want to eat more in the near future, hence risk of overeating.
    5. The fact you are asking, you probably know it's not best to do this every day, so not sure what kind of answers you are looking for.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    The burn might not be that crazy, it's 10'000 steps of calories AND purposeful exercise.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    The burn might not be that crazy, it's 10'000 steps of calories AND purposeful exercise.

Around 5000 steps a day are consider normal for an adult with an office job. 5000 more steps do not burn that much calories.
    Again, I don't Know how much OP weighs but, in general most calories burn during workouts are way overestimated.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    you are 5'11 you can eat way more than that and still lose weight.
    Just fit in a few treats in its ok just dont go overboard
    look after yourself my dear before you make yourself ill.