Blood sugar diet !

Options
kimmisuee
kimmisuee Posts: 18 Member
Hello! I'm on day 4 of the blood sugar diet, anyone else on the same journey ? :)

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Unless you are diabetic there is no reason to track you blood sugar.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Are you being medically supervised?

It is a vlcd and can cause all sorts of problems.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    31shines wrote: »
    Yes I am. Limiting carbs and sugar. It's hard I love pasta

Just adding to help with the pasta fix...try Zoodles, edamame noodles or chickpea pasta. The latter are high in protein and fiber to help with satiety.
  • kimmisuee
    Options
    kimothy38 wrote: »
    I'm doing BSD and loving it (mostly). I feel awesome and suits me perfectly as I don't want to diet every date. I found the book so inspiring.

Me to!!! It totally made sence and I feel great even on day 5 :)
  • kimmisuee
    Options
    kimmisuee wrote: »
    kimmisuee wrote: »
    The blood sugar diet is for everyone diabetic or not, read the book back to front :) I trust Micheal mosley out of all the scientists plus I know people who have done the 5:2 who lost a lot of weight and kept it off :) I love avacado they are my life saver! Instead of pasta I have sweet potatoe, hits the spot haha !

Michael Mosely is not a scientist. He is a journalist with a degree in psychiatry (never practiced). He combines these skills to sell books.

Phycology * and that is a science

*Psychology - and he actually studied psychiatry. Psychology is not a science, it is a subject area. Psychologists, and indeed psychiatrists are not scientists. And even if they were, psychology and psychiatry has nothing to do with blood sugar or nutrition. He is completely unqualified in this area. Believe what woo you will, but don't insult scientists by giving this guy the title.

Oh yeah haha just read it, oh well I'm trying not to insult anyone :) the science behind the blood sugar diet anyway is what inspired me and he put it in a way that was inspiring to read :)
This discussion has been closed.