When people think you know what you're doing

2»

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,245 Member
    haha, Z.

Yeah, I can empathize. People all the time find out I lost weight and ask me how to do it, then they continue to do that other thing (eat all the food) and complain how they can't lose weight.

I've shortened my answer to, "Eat less, move more," and I refuse to talk further about it because *whine* all they want to do is *whine.* :lol:
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    I've followed your posts over the years--and you're one smart, sarcastic cookie (that's a compliment). If anyone can do this--you can. Yes, I feel sorry for you, yes, it isn't right that you should have the pressure of success or failure on your shoulders. But who else is there? Isn't there some kind of "sneaky" approach that might work?
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    zyxst wrote: »
    words.gif

PEOPLE THINK JUST BECAUSE I LOST WEIGHT MEANS I CAN MAKE MY HUSBAND LOSE WEIGHT. CAN ANYONE SYMPATHIZE/EMPATHIZE WITH ME?

Unfortunately, yes. And I understand how it is to explain how simple the concept is, just to have the other person think it can't be that simple and insist on trying every fad diet on the planet - but not have any success. You can only hope that someday, he'll "get it."

• RamboKitty87
    RamboKitty87 Posts: 272 Member
    Hey, you can only do so much, I was in denial for years about my weight my mum would beg me to eat better and exercise but I would never listen, I found after years of depression and anxiety and the fact I was about to turn 30 was my wake up call, I am personally having similar issues with my fiancee he has asthma and gets breathy a lot, he moans about needing to lose weight but he's super fussy when it comes to food, he was doing well losing 1-2lb per week for a month then he went to visit his parents for the weekend and put 10lbs on, he was very upset, I have asked him many times to join MFP to log what he eats to see what he is doing wrong but he refuses, I would log it for him but he works so I would have no clue what he's eating there, anyways.... rambling on, basically you can tell him till your blue in the face that he needs to lose weight and eat better but if he doesn't want to change it won't make any difference, if you do the cooking I would suggest get creative and sneak smaller portions, create healthy tasty recipes disguise them as other things, switch things to low fat basically get sneaky :)
  • MsArriabella
    MsArriabella Posts: 469 Member
    Umm, if he saw you working to lose 184 lbs and didn't make any changes to his own lifestyle then I'm thinking he's not going to eat better because you tell him to. Good luck getting him to adult!
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Omg. If I were in charge of my husband's diet I would be throwing a blender bottle full of smoothie at his head out of frustration by day 3.

Day 3? You've got more patience that I have.

Ha! To be perfectly honest I'm probably being rather optimistic about that three day estimate...
  • tabletop_joe
    tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
    Wowee, that was really unfair of his doc to put that on you!