A letter to 120-days-ago-me....some words of encouragement

Options

Replies

• blessedmomof3girls
    blessedmomof3girls Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Such a wonderful idea :) I think I might write myself a little note to the new me, from the old me soon. Help keep into perspective how far I've came.

Congratulations to you on your journey as well!
  • ShubhaBansal
    ShubhaBansal Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I agree with it...And loved the post and the way it has been put. Thanks for the same.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,156 Member
    Options
    Great letter, Karen (I'm also a Karen)

Have you ever seen futureme.org ? Great website where you can write yourself a letter for any date in the future and it will be emailed to you on that date. I've been using it for several years and it's a nice surprise when those random ones I send and close my eyes when I click on the dates, just show up.
  • Jackie_Paper
    Jackie_Paper Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I love this so much.
  • invisibility
    Options
    This is awesome! I'm stealing your idea and writing a letter to myself.

Way to go on your progress!
  • focknfree
    focknfree Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    This was a great letter. I can hear a lot of what I say to myself right now. Keep up the good, hard work.
  • amandaxob
    amandaxob Posts: 13
    Options
    This is awesome! Thank you. :)
  • harley1968
    harley1968 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Great post - thank you!
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    :sad: :sad: :sad: Cried while reading this because......This is me! All the things that you mentioned are me, what I am doing to myself now! Thank you so much for your post, this just made my day!! :wink:
  • JGT2004
    JGT2004 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    bump for encouragement and later reading
  • tjord15
    tjord15 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I feel like you wrote this to me. Wow...great perspective! Thank you!
  • bsix3
    bsix3 Posts: 291
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story with us Karen. This is awesome!!
  • jerseygirlmaggie
    jerseygirlmaggie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I could have written that myself!!! It's like the pep talk I give myself everyday! Thanks for sharing that!
  • 9jenn9
    9jenn9 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this. Every new mfp member should read this. Many of us like to tell ourselves that our situation is unique, our excuses have validity and that it's easier for others. You hit the nail on the head. Our demons don't go away. Every day a choice has to be made to face them head on. Bravo for your post!
  • lippy12477
    lippy12477 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This is awesome!!! Thanks for creating this post!
  • OutlawQueen
    Options
    I'm LAZY Too!

Thank YOU!!!!! Loved the letter.............. spoke to me ... we're twins!

I needed some motivation... Losing but still lazy! Don't do my tracker daily, don't track on weekends, think I can keep it in my head and don't exercise when I know I must every day! Same old lifestyle problems that got me HERE.

I did join running 101 to prepare for a 5K in September ....so I'm going to train. OK

Discipline that's my goal, and I'll need it cause I don't ever EVER want to go back to the self imposed hell i was living in ... my body!
  • crystalrp
    crystalrp Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Such a great, well written, motivating letter! Thank you so much for sharing. I really loved it.
  • taniak3
    taniak3 Posts: 14
    Options
    I SO needed to hear these words this morning! Thank you!
  • barefoot_shuffler
    Options
    Wow! What an amazingly beautiful surprise to wake up today and see the impact of my post :blushing: I have been touched by each of your replys! Thank you :smile: It's a known fact that our struggles will become successes only if we change our behaviors, thoughts, and patterns...for life. I just didn't know how so very hard the day to day battles would be!! :sad: All we can do is prepare, eveveryday, for that day's battle. Keep on rockin'!! We got this!!!:bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!