A letter to 120-days-ago-me....some words of encouragement

Options

Replies

• maryinnc
    maryinnc Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much Karen. I have been on this site almost a year now and I don't think I ever read something as inspirational and meaningful to me. I am going to save this and refer to it often. I am going to put it on my phone and set it to "remind daily". Good luck to you and thanks again.

Mary
  • maryinnc
    maryinnc Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    bump
  • costafortune
    Options
    I LOVED this. Thank you for articulating better than I ever could, the thoughts in my head. :flowerforyou:
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    This post is just so full of amazing, Karen!

I'm sitting at my desk at work and getting all choked up while reading.

I think it's how blunt you were with the Karen from 120 days back. You weren't mean, just honest. :flowerforyou:

And you know, somewhere out there someone (or maybe several someones) is sitting, right now, where you were 120 days ago. You may very well have changed someone's life.
  • barefoot_shuffler
    Options
    Thank you ladies :flowerforyou: Best of luck with your journey too!!! :happy:
  • KimINfortheWin
    KimINfortheWin Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I love this!!
  • barefoot_shuffler
    Options
    Thank you Kim :)
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    This is fantastic. Thanks for sharing! We should all keep a letter like this around for those "dark times".
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Ahhhhhhh, how refreshing to see a truth-lover share/expose some deep and personal things about oneself, one's short-comings and failures in such a LIGHT and honest way--without finger pointing towards anyone but yourself and thus kicking the dastardly wicked and ever present spirit of pride, self-denial and ugh to the place where the sun will NEVER ever shine.

I had to giggle, when I read you have lost 12 pounds in 120 days--that's soooo RARE to see posted and shared without self-pity or boastful pride--but in humility and ernestness--WOW, that rare, profound and powerful to me...as I'm guilty myself of not being further down the road to slim and trim-dom due to a variety of excuses, justification, ad naseum...My earthy daddy always told me "misery loves company" and your deep and soulful post helps me see myself in your post and it's a comfort and strange humble power to know that I'm not alone and neither are you in this daily battle of the bulge.

I just really appreciate your entire post...especially this:

5. Don't just read amazing stories about others, BE an amazing story to yourself and to those who love you!!

BAM! That's the ticket to/for me--I love it--THIS, #5 is my beck and call and I LOVE the way you've stated it, commanded it for yourself--YES!

Thanks so much for taking the time, love and care (of/for yourself and us readers) to post this.:drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:

Here's a quote for you and me that may relate to your post and be of some comfort to us all...

"When you find yourself cocooned in isolation and despair and cannot find your way out of the darkness, remember that this is similar to the place where caterpillars go to grow their wings."
  • barefoot_shuffler
    Options
    Thank you for such a kind and thoughtful reply, Newlifestyle!! It is always so comforting to know that we are not alone with our thoughts, struggles, and downfalls :smile: I really enjoyed reading your reaction. You are quite a beautiful writer :flowerforyou:
  • kstorz77
    kstorz77 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Amazingly Beautiful!!! God bless you on this journey and thank you for sharing your heart!!
  • barefoot_shuffler
    Options
    Thank you :) Good luck to you too :)
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I love this so very much!

I'm a Karen too and I will definitely be having a heart to heart with 120-days-ago-Karen tonight.
    She's very impatient, lazy and also makes excuses. She needs a pep talk. :happy:

Thank you so much for this thought-provoking, loving and kind post. It's refreshing.

- another Karen

eta: I peeked at your profile and wow, 12 lbs has made quite a difference in your body shape already. It actually looks like you've lost more.
  • barefoot_shuffler
    Options
    Thank you so much. ....:smile:
    PS: you have a lovely name! :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • shae68143
    shae68143 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Awesome Post - thank you so much. I think so many of us needed to hear that, b/c we are facing those same struggles. I applaud you and your efforts.

Off to write my 120 day story :)
  • dollbaby66
    dollbaby66 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Dear Today-Karen, you are an amazing writer and inspiration. Thank you so much for sharing this letter, it really boosted my confidence and made me laugh!
  • dollbaby66
    dollbaby66 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    ...by the way, in my 20's I was quite obese and lost it at a slow 1 pound (sometimes less) per week. I then kept that weight off for 10 years, and I firmly believe it was due to the slowness of the loss. It allowed my body to properly adjust, and for my lifestyle to do the same.
  • barefoot_shuffler
    Options
    Thank you Shae and Dollbaby :)
    Dollbaby.....that is VERY encouraging :) Thank you for that :)
  • marhod5
    marhod5 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I love this post! Especially the part about sweat being washable. It's true! And I think moving is the cure for just about everything. If I'm down, moving lifts my spirits. If I eat something I shouldn't, moving helps me burn off the calories and keeps me from beating myself up about it. Moving encourages me to eat better. When I feel like light and healthy, I want to eat things that are light and healthy.
  • barefoot_shuffler
    Options
    Thanks marhod!! I agree completely with what you said!! It's like magic :smile: For me it is better than any medication :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!