Where do I buy pants now? Help, please!

Options

Replies

• savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    If you're still curvy, look at Eddie Bauer's "Curvy" line of pants. I was really tired of all my pants gapping at hte waist until I found them - they fit me perfectly without gaping.
  • lioness803
    lioness803 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Dillards, they have several different fits
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I am a size 12/14 (moving back down to a 12 and hopefully one day to a 10.) I love, LOVE Dress Barn pants. I also have luck at Macys and Kohls.
  • jewels03
    jewels03 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Loft or Ann Taylor factory store. They have curvy fit and are priced around Lane Bryant.
  • natasha_hal1
    natasha_hal1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have found some really nice work clothes from thrift stores. Especially if you are still in the process of losing weight, I wouldn't go out and spend a lot of money.
  • pennygm72
    pennygm72 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Just amazed as a Brit reading the number of shops you have selling "curvy" fit trousers, don't think I have ever seen such a thing in the shops here, you are very fortunate! I have small hips and slim legs but no waist, I find it very difficult to find trousers that fit, I think I need to visit the States.
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    TJ Maxx or Marshalls? Since they are for an office im sure you want to make sure they are nice, this should save you some money, and they will have a range of different "12's" (since all store sizes seem to be different)
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    pennygm72 wrote: »
    Just amazed as a Brit reading the number of shops you have selling "curvy" fit trousers, don't think I have ever seen such a thing in the shops here, you are very fortunate! I have small hips and slim legs but no waist, I find it very difficult to find trousers that fit, I think I need to visit the States.

That's actually the opposite body type from what "curvy" fit are meant for - they are aimed at women with larger hips/butt/thighs and proportionately smaller/more defined waist, generally speaking, or the pear/hourglass idea.

Your body type is likely more what stores tend to call rectangle/banana/athletic (I'll leave the judgement on how those sound but :unamused:) and they'd probably want to steer you to a straighter fit.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Nine West brand at Khols always fit me great. I have 37.5" hips and a 27" waist. They work great on my body type at size 8-14 and are relatively inexpensive
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Chicos
  • Spartan_Gingi
    Spartan_Gingi Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Maurices, New York & Co, the Loft, Ann Taylor....and congrats :)
  • nextstar
    nextstar Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Join a clothing swap group, I started doing that with my kids years ago when they both went thru growth spurts. So it the same just you're going down. Do this till your at a size your health and happy with.
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I shop on eBay almost exclusively because sizes are all over the place in the US and it's fun to try different styles until you find stuff you love.

Right now I am wearing a lot of Chicos' pants paired with blazers and nice cotton Ts, which I have paid on average $15.00 +/- shipping.

Most of the clothes have measurements "laying flat" - for waist, hips, "rise" and inseam. If it's longer and you like the brand get it and then take them to get them hemmed.

You can also go into the stores and try on a few pair of different things just to get an idea as to your size. If you search on eBay by size you will see for example that a size 12 can be anything from 32" to 34.5" waist line. In my closet right now I have a few 12s that I could still squeeze into at my highest weight.

Generally, the clothes are in pristine condition and sometimes still have the tags on them. I have been disappointed in very few cases and either eBay or the seller makes it right.

Also, I have found a dry cleaners to charges 1 price for everything so I take all of my stuff to them for alterations and dry cleaning. When I am though with the clothes or get bored I get them cleaned and then donate them. I have a dollar limit for what I will reasonably spend based on if it is an upscale box store or if it is a designer label and if it's a natural fabric.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Kohl's for business casual.
  • tjones0411
    tjones0411 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I buy all of my dress pants from Express.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    These are my go-to pants. Look great for work, comfortable AND machine washable. I keep getting them in smaller sizes. And pretty affordable. I get them from Amazon. True to size.

Rafaella Women's Curvy Fit Gabardine Boot Leg Trouser, Black.

You'll love em!
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    You could shop anywhere really. Even designer jeans can run to a size 12. I believe a 32 may be a 12.
  • weightloss_acc
    weightloss_acc Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Playtos closet American Eagle
  • KristenNagle1
    KristenNagle1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I feel like every single store (that's not exclusively plus size) carries a 12. The world is now your oyster!
  • twinzmom172
    twinzmom172 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Dressbarn and Talbots