Your Daily Routine

Replies

• TVDMD
    TVDMD Posts: 50 Member
    zdyb23456 wrote: »
    I quit my job at the beginning of the year, so my schedule now is...

6:15 roll out of bed, get the kids up, dressed for school, fed... oldest practices piano
    7:10 out the door to drive them to school
    8:00 workout/run
    9:30 (Tuesday and Thursday) my youngest has swim lessons
    Run errands, grocery shopping, cleaning, meal prep, baking, laundry, projects around the house, eating bon-bons on the couch :wink:
    2:30 pick up kids from school
    3:30 (Wednesday) oldest has piano
    4:15 (Friday) oldest has swim practice
    Homework, showers, pack lunches for next day, make/eat dinner, clean up, more LAUNDRY...
    Play/relax/tv
    7pm kids bedtime
    9pm husbands bedtime
    10-11pm my bedtime

Saturday's I do a long run in the morning while the husband does yard work. We usually have some type of social activity planned and once a month we do a date night curtesy of the YMCA parents night out.

Sunday we do church in the morning and not much else, especially during football season!

I admire the fact you quit your job with no regret, very admirable
  • TVDMD
    Am I the only person who thinks this is great stalker material for all of those creepers out there...?

Lol, I never thought of it that way
  • shoofly435
    shoofly435 Posts: 74 Member
    I am blown away by the number of women holding full time jobs and still have to do everything related to kids, housework, grocery shopping, cooking.....the list is endless. And then fit in fitness time! What's wrong with your husbands? Mine cooks half the week and shares grocery shopping too, so I can have gym time.
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    shoofly435 wrote: »
    I am blown away by the number of women holding full time jobs and still have to do everything related to kids, housework, grocery shopping, cooking.....the list is endless. And then fit in fitness time! What's wrong with your husbands? Mine cooks half the week and shares grocery shopping too, so I can have gym time.

My partner cooked dinner last night and I was so thankful. Weird how meals taste better when someone else makes them haha!! He works 11-12 hour days 6 days a week but picks up any slack when I ask. Thankfully my 16 year old pretty much does everything for himself so my whole "kid" days are over. I just have to show up to track meets and football games. There's no way I could keep my current schedule if I had to handle kid activities and young ones! My dogs drive me batty most days with their neediness!

• midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    shoofly435 wrote: »

If I left if up to my husband to go to the grocery store and cook, our pantry would be filled with Twinkies and chips, our fridge would be void of any fruit or veggies, and we'd eat Beanie Weenies and tacos every night.
  • tjones0411
    tjones0411 Posts: 179 Member
    4:30-4:45am - wake up
    5:00 - 6:30am - gym
    6:45am - shower, get ready for work
    7:15am - get kids up, fed, ready for school
    8:30 - 5:30pm - work
    6:00 - dinner
    7:00 - homework, baths, family time
    8:30 - kids in bed
    9:30 - me in bed
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    6:00-run or lift, stretch, foam roll
    7:30 - get ready for work, walk dog, make breakfast
    8:30 - commute and eat breakfast, work
    12:00 - 30 min walk and lunch, back to work
    5:30 - commute home and eat snack
    6:00 - walk dog 30 mins
    7:00 - dinner
    9:00 - bed and a little reading
  • fbchick51
    fbchick51 Posts: 240 Member
    0600 - Wake up and get youngest up and moving.
    0600-0645 - Tea, news, whatever youngest needs for school that day
    0645-0730 - Drive kid to school, come home and make sure oldest is up for work
    0730-0800 - breakfast
    0800-0930 - Log into work (work from home)
    0930-0945ish - break (usually get up to do a chore or go for a short walk
    0945-1145 - Work
    1145-1300 - Head to gym for swim or aerobics class
    1300-1415 - work
    1415-1500 - Pickup youngest from school
    1500-1700 - work
    1700-1800 - If something made me miss my lunch workout, I'll usually sneak it in here or do a round of Yoga. Else I'll spend time with kids or just relax for a bit.
    1800-1930 - Make dinner, eat, clean up
    1930-2200 - relax, help with homework, chores or whatever I get up to until bed.
    2200ish - bedtime

• jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Wow some of you guys really make me appreciate how much free time I have in my day!

My routine is:

6:00 - Wake up, weigh myself, brush my teeth, throw on some workout clothes, have a banana or protein shake
    6:15 - Walk to gym
    6:30 - Gym (M,W,F - cardio; Tu, Thu - lifting)
    7:15 - Walk home from gym
    7:30 - Shower, breakfast, get dressed, hair make up, out the door
    8:15 - Commute by train - I try and get off a stop early and walk the last part of the route (about 30 mins) if I'm on time and it's not raining
    9:00 - Work
    5:30 - Commute - again walking when I can, usually stopping at the shops
    6 - Get home, make dinner
    7:30 - Eat dinner with boyfriend
    7:45 - Watch TV and chill with boyfriend
    10:30 - Get ready for bed
    10:40 - Read in bed
    11 - Sleep

I used to work out after work but I was always too hungry and ended up having a late dinner. I much prefer a morning work out. I also have theatre rehearsals 2 nights a week at the moment but those will stop soon.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    edited May 2017
    This is what I did while my kids were at home and in school:

4:15 Wake up, dress for gym, eat something drive to gym
    5:00-6:15 Workout
    6:15 - 7:30 Shower/dress for work, 50 minute commute
    7:30 - 4:30 Work
    4:30- 5:15 commute

5:15-10:00 - help with kids homework, coach sports teams, volunteer activities with Scouts, kids school (music program, etc), eat, any urgent errands, bit of family time (no screens involved), maybe quick run/walk/bike by myself or with some or all of the family,log on for work, make lunch and pack gym bag for next day.

10:00 Bed (I'm lucky in that it seldom takes more than 2 minutes for me to fall asleep once I get in bed).

Seldom watched TV during the week in those years. IMO, big time waster.
  • TVDMD
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    This is what I did while my kids were at home and in school:

4:15 Wake up, dress for gym, eat something drive to gym
    5:00-6:15 Workout
    6:15 - 7:30 Shower/dress for work, 50 minute commute
    7:30 - 4:30 Work
    4:30- 5:15 commute

5:15-10:00 - help with kids homework, coach sports teams, volunteer activities with Scouts, kids school (music program, etc), eat, any urgent errands, bit of family time (no screens involved), maybe quick run/walk/bike by myself or with some or all of the family,log on for work, make lunch and pack gym bag for next day.

10:00 Bed (I'm lucky in that it seldom takes more than 2 minutes for me to fall asleep once I get in bed).

Seldom watched TV during the week in those years. IMO, big time waster.

Tv is non existent in my life. In the morning I may watch it a little bit but that's just for ambience
  • TVDMD
    jesspen91 wrote: »
    Wow some of you guys really make me appreciate how much free time I have in my day!

My routine is:

6:00 - Wake up, weigh myself, brush my teeth, throw on some workout clothes, have a banana or protein shake
    6:15 - Walk to gym
    6:30 - Gym (M,W,F - cardio; Tu, Thu - lifting)
    7:15 - Walk home from gym
    7:30 - Shower, breakfast, get dressed, hair make up, out the door
    8:15 - Commute by train - I try and get off a stop early and walk the last part of the route (about 30 mins) if I'm on time and it's not raining
    9:00 - Work
    5:30 - Commute - again walking when I can, usually stopping at the shops
    6 - Get home, make dinner
    7:30 - Eat dinner with boyfriend
    7:45 - Watch TV and chill with boyfriend
    10:30 - Get ready for bed
    10:40 - Read in bed
    11 - Sleep

I used to work out after work but I was always too hungry and ended up having a late dinner. I much prefer a morning work out. I also have theatre rehearsals 2 nights a week at the moment but those will stop soon.

Same here, just when I thought I was overwhelmed, I see I could be doing sooo much more
  • TVDMD
    fbchick51 wrote: »
    0600 - Wake up and get youngest up and moving.
    0600-0645 - Tea, news, whatever youngest needs for school that day
    0645-0730 - Drive kid to school, come home and make sure oldest is up for work
    0730-0800 - breakfast
    0800-0930 - Log into work (work from home)
    0930-0945ish - break (usually get up to do a chore or go for a short walk
    0945-1145 - Work
    1145-1300 - Head to gym for swim or aerobics class
    1300-1415 - work
    1415-1500 - Pickup youngest from school
    1500-1700 - work
    1700-1800 - If something made me miss my lunch workout, I'll usually sneak it in here or do a round of Yoga. Else I'll spend time with kids or just relax for a bit.
    1800-1930 - Make dinner, eat, clean up
    1930-2200 - relax, help with homework, chores or whatever I get up to until bed.
    2200ish - bedtime

I need a time translator lol
  • TVDMD
    nowine4me wrote: »
    6:00-run or lift, stretch, foam roll
    7:30 - get ready for work, walk dog, make breakfast
    8:30 - commute and eat breakfast, work
    12:00 - 30 min walk and lunch, back to work
    5:30 - commute home and eat snack
    6:00 - walk dog 30 mins
    7:00 - dinner
    9:00 - bed and a little reading

Nice and simple, love it
  • TVDMD
    tjones0411 wrote: »
    4:30-4:45am - wake up
    5:00 - 6:30am - gym
    6:45am - shower, get ready for work
    7:15am - get kids up, fed, ready for school
    8:30 - 5:30pm - work
    6:00 - dinner
    7:00 - homework, baths, family time
    8:30 - kids in bed
    9:30 - me in bed

An 830 bedtime for the kids sounds like heaven!
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,971 Member
    I remember those hectic days of trying to fit in work with kids and other obligations -- the posted schedules are mind-boggling -- but now I'm retired and live alone and work out anytime I feel like it -- morning, noon or night.

Worked my entire life for the privilege to do just what I want, when I want. It's wonderful and I've never been happier in my life. Wishing the same privilege and quality of life to all of you in the future as well.
  • KrazyKrissyy
    KrazyKrissyy Posts: 322 Member
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    I remember those hectic days of trying to fit in work with kids and other obligations -- the posted schedules are mind-boggling -- but now I'm retired and live alone and work out anytime I feel like it -- morning, noon or night.

Worked my entire life for the privilege to do just what I want, when I want. It's wonderful and I've never been happier in my life. Wishing the same privilege and quality of life to all of you in the future as well.

THIS! No routine for me either. Living life to the fullest. Routines are boring as heck. Not retired though. Only 25 lol.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Not much to my routine. Wake up, workout, shower, work, play video games or watch shows, hang out with friends and family, sleep, not necessarily in that order. I work from home and my schedule is pretty flexible.
  • Bianca42
    Bianca42 Posts: 310 Member
    It's one of two outcomes:
    4:30am - workout or hit cancel alarm until 5
    5:15am - shower
    6:15am - wake kids, makes lunches, etc.
    7:15am - leave for daycare/work
    5:30pm - get home from daycare/work
    6:45pm - swimming, karate or workout if I've snoozed in the AM
  • stacief82
    stacief82 Posts: 109 Member
    5am- Wake up/Get Ready for work/pack my lunch
    5:30am- Leave for work
    6am-3:45pm Work day (except Fridays- I only work to 2:45 one Friday, then have the next off)
    4:15pm- pick up youngest from my Mom's
    4:30-5:30 cook/eat dinner (sometimes this has to be quicker, depending on activities)
    6pm-9pm- Kids Activities/Walking/housework/exercise (this all depends on the day/weather)

Then I repeat :) My days off are less structured, so I have more "me" time, but they usually involve running errands, grocery store trips, meal prepping, laundry- all the fun stuff I put off through the week LOL. My husband is pretty good about helping. I do most of the grocery store runs/cooking, but he washes dishes about half the time and he does most of the laundry. I do more of the deep cleaning, but he will hep with daily stuff. It was harder when the kids were babies, but now we have kind of fell into a routine. All of my exercise has to go into the evenings and weekends, I can't get up any earlier and still function LOL