And this would be why I am not allowed to cook....

Options
124»

Replies

• RUNucbar
    RUNucbar Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Cooking the food generally goes well, and the pots/oans/food rarely burns. The only problem is, I usually end up cooking myself in the process. I have a really quite impressive collection of burn scars now. I'm surprised all my fingers are still attached sometimes.
  • etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    My older brother has put in ramen noodles without the water into the microwave and burned it on two occasions. The smell is horrible.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Mine was not a catastrophe, but I've done the same thing. Fortunately I put it on for 73 minutes instead of 7.5. So, 15 minutes later when I started wondering why it wasn't done, nothing was on fire, or exploding. Just inedible, I think we all feel your pain.
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Not a cooking disaster - but a freezer disaster.

One night we were fast asleep when we were woken by large bang, sounded like gunshot.
    Jumped out of bed, looked outside, all quiet, nobody else had stirred, our dog went back to sleep, so nobody on our property so we went back to bed.

In the morning husband goes to get something out the freezer and there is Pepsi max can he had put in there to cool down quicker and forgotten about - can had exploded, tiny shards of tin and frozen Pepsi flying everywhere.

I have done this at least a dozen times with 2L bottles. I will probably do it another dozen times before i learn my lesson. Half frozen pop slushy is too awesome.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    VUA21 wrote: »
    I think that can also be called how to burn 200 calories in less than 15 minutes. My sister still hold the record (IMO) for worst kitchen screw up - she managed to set milk on fire.

Do I want to know how she managed to do that?

@elphie754

I don't know how she managed that one. She is also banned from my kitchen for that and a few other fiascos. And I mean banned completely, she's not allowed to use the toaster nor microwave.

Some of her screw ups include:
    Not removing the frozen pizza from the box when baking it. (Melted plastic & cardboard are terrible flavors)
    Putting a frozen turkey in the oven then setting the oven to "clean", thinking she was cleaning the turkey.
    Attempting to make nachos by placing everything in a deep fryer basket and deep frying the whole thing, including sour cream & salsa.
    Attempting to make a baked potato in the microwave, potato was wrapped in aluminum foil.
    Microwaving an egg, in the shell.

She is 36 years old...