Im here to listen and help you on your journey.

Options
13»

Replies

• Acem24
    Acem24 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Acem24 wrote: »
    Hello there. Feel free to comment any questions you might have.

I posted this thinking people didnt have to make a forum to receive help, but now i understand the community. And will no longer help anyone.
  • Acem24
    Options
    my question is why did you make this offer and then never come back??

The people. I thought the community would actually ask me about myself, instead of just instigate conflict. Im pretty much done with this community.

Why didn't you start a post telling people about yourself if that's what you wanted to do? That's what most people do.

People like it when you make the conversation about them. To have people talking about themselves and they feel like someone is listening. I dont wanna talk about my self unless im asked. But will gladly share any info they desire. In all fairness im not good at posting forums. But i definitely take this as a learning experience.
  • Acem24
    Options

The people. I thought the community would actually ask me about myself, instead of just instigate conflict. Im pretty much done with this community.

You provided absolutely no information about yourself in your original post on which anyone would base a question, other than you seem to think you're qualified to help us somehow. Most of the early posts were either questions about what makes you qualified ("asking you about yourself") or questions about what you thought about various approaches to weight loss that are advocated all over the Internet (thus, inviting you to live up to your promise to "help"). You provided no response to any of those questions. I don't see where you have any justification for getting bent out of shape and doing a rage quit, but in any case, given the content of your three-post career in the forums, I doubt anyone will miss you.

Doesn't bother me. Have a good day.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,868 Member
    Options

Why would we? You didn't provide anything for us to ask about ... except about your qualifications ... which you've never provided us.
  • Machka9
    Options

Why didn't you start a post telling people about yourself if that's what you wanted to do? That's what most people do.

People like it when you make the conversation about them. To have people talking about themselves and they feel like someone is listening. I dont wanna talk about my self unless im asked. But will gladly share any info they desire. In all fairness im not good at posting forums. But i definitely take this as a learning experience.

Here's a tip ... forums are like conversations. You post something, people respond, you reply to them. If you wait days and/or never reply, people lose interest.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Hello there. Feel free to comment any questions you might have.

I posted this thinking people didnt have to make a forum to receive help, but now i understand the community. And will no longer help anyone.

If you genuinely want to help, simply dive in on any of the (many!) currently existing threads where people are already asking for help. That's the best way to make a difference. :)
  • EternalSnow627_
    EternalSnow627_ Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

I see a question like this and I wonder if the person who wrote it is a complete smart *kitten* lol

• EternalSnow627_
    EternalSnow627_ Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Myamya123 wrote: »
    Wow for a bunch of adults you really are all children, im sure he was just trying to be nice.

lol I'm actually very childish and immature sooo I never am a true adult xD lol

• Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    OP, how long have you been on your fitness journey?
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

:lol: African or European?
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options

pretty sure people did ask about you - they asked what are your qualifications to help others?? I guess that wasn't the question you were hoping for??
  • Machka9
    Options

pretty sure people did ask about you - they asked what are your qualifications to help others?? I guess that wasn't the question you were hoping for??

I wonder what question(s) he was hoping for.