I hate vegetables...

Options
124»

Replies

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I was reading a study about introducing foods to children recently, which was discussing the difference between American children who frequently grow up hating vegetables, and French children who very rarely have a problem with them. Supposedly one of the major differences is that French parents don't give up as easily, nor do they force children to eat foods - it typically takes between seven to ten times for a child to learn to like a new food, particularly bitter foods such as vegetables, so if they don't like it after one taste, you try again another time. The brain develops new pathways. So if you "hate" a taste today, that does not mean you will hate it forever. Try asking for just one bite of someone else's vegetables, even if it's something you have hated in the past. Consider it as if you never tasted it before. Keep doing it, and some of those foods may taste good some day.
  • Amys712
    Amys712 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Have you tried any cauliflower rice or zucchini noodle recipes? Those are recipes that are easy to add a lot of seasoning and flavor to.
  • Hichiko
    Hichiko Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I used to hate zucchini, but I tried using it as a replacement for pasta in a lasagna tonight - it's going to become a regular dish in this house. <3
    I sliced it about 1/4 of an inch in width, tossed some salt and pepper on it and heated it up on the skillet for about two minutes per side. Then I just layered it like I would with noodles between sauce and a mozzarella/ricotta mixture. Sprinkled mozzarella on top and shoved it into the oven at 375 for 20 minutes. I'm in love.