Options
    The thought of ACV honestly makes me wanna gag
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    katadx wrote: »
    The thought of ACV honestly makes me wanna gag

I like it as an ingredient in stuff.

The thought of drinking it just puzzles me.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,087 Member
    Options
    Wtn_Gurl wrote: »
    haha no i was mixing up my thoughts. i was not necessarily meaning fake per that list. but i mean the topic is talking about eating all kind of food and i remembered some of it is fake food. i then went on to list a few of those fake items. sorry for the mixup in my thinking process.

which of it is fake food??

As I said, only thing on list i consume myself is the occasional green tea - and i certainly dont think anything on the list (or not on the list) is magic detoxing fat-burning miracle food - but on the other hand nothing wrong with people consuming any of them just as part of their diet if they want to, without attributing special properties to them.

Like me and green tea - or posters who like ACV on salads or green smoothies because they are nutritious and they like them or anything else on list.(except diet pills - all other things on list look real food to me)

OP herself said " Of course, if I ever decided to eat those things, I'd eat them, " - the point isnt about any of them being fake food but about not attributing magic properties to any substances

• Wtn_Gurl
    Wtn_Gurl Posts: 396 Member
    Options

Fake food is what i ascribe to food that is not real original food, ie. real food is lettuce, tomatos, meat, bread, fruit, cheese vs fake food is artificial sweeteners, food that mimics real food but is processed food and snacks like pork rinds, Cheetos, fruit juice drink, etc. and YES i know its a food but its a way to categorize food that is processed in that way.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Fake food is what i ascribe to food that is not real original food, ie. real food is lettuce, tomatos, meat, bread, fruit, cheese vs fake food is artificial sweeteners, food that mimics real food but is processed food and snacks like pork rinds, Cheetos, fruit juice drink, etc. and YES i know its a food but its a way to categorize food that is processed in that way.

There's nothing wrong with artificial sweeteners...?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Pork rind is probably one of the least processed foods.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,087 Member
    Options

Seems a rather arbitrary and silly way to me.

Nothing wrong or fake about pork rinds, fruit juice etc

As well being completely irelevant to OP's point.

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

Pork rinds are far less processed than cheese...
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Sloth2016 wrote: »
    About the only thing I needed to swallow was my pride, and admit that my size was under my control.

My quote of the day
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    lkpducky wrote: »
    Don't get my husband started on kale "It's a f---ing weed! It grows by the side of the road, a badger pissed on it, and you pick it and put it on a plate? You're supposed to put f---ing Roundup on it, not balsamic vinegar!"

A restaurant a couple of miles away from me puts kale in mac 'n' cheese. Huh????

my BIL calls it "foods food"...
    My husband mixed it in a smoothie once with other greens and it smelled how dirty potato peels taste I expect..

but that being said I did find a broccoli kale salad at costco that is pretty good with walnuts, cranberries and poppy seed dressing.

as for the rest yah not require but if you want to have at..

I do smoothies for the taste and for breakfast in summer cause yum..and I add protein powder to hit my macro...and I eat protein bars in a pinch..
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness to read this!!! When i see people eating that stuff it makes me sick. Ugh! i only want to eat real food and not all this fake stuff which is nasty to me. I suppose the apple cider vinegar has some good health properties in them, but i wont eat that. Also people on LCHF eat pork rinds ugh! nasty!! and put butter and oil in coffee and ugh thats disgusting!! i refuse to eat it. also i dont care to eat candy bar substitutes. so glad someone said that :) lol i dont want to force myself to get disgusted to try to lose weight.

I happen to agree with you (for the most part) re: keeping foods as close to their whole/natural state as possible, but the occasional delicious processed food does no one harm (helllllooooo Fudge Rounds!) and 'candy bar substitutes' are kinda gross to me, but I love spicy pork rinds and think that butter and coconut oil in coffee makes a nice filling latte as long as you don't put in too much :). When I was growing up, there was a booth at the local flea market that would make fresh pork rinds to order and they were soooooo good!! Maybe not the most calorie conscious of snacks, but there weren't any artificial ingredients, per se, lol. you could also get fresh boiled peanuts.

You've already clarified, and I'm glad that none of us have to force ourselves to eat gross things to lose weight. It is a good time to try new things, though, if being a little culinarily adventurous is your jam :).
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    What are you supposed to do with apple cider vinegar? Lol
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »
    What are you supposed to do with apple cider vinegar? Lol

Drink it. 1 Tbsp with meals. It's disgusting. But after Dr. Oz promoted it as a magical fat-burning substance, a lot of people jumped on that bandwagon, including me for a while. It did nothing, BTW.

• Btheodore138
    Btheodore138 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I remember the cabbage soup diet. Pretty sure you lost weight by becoming dehydrated from all the pooping you'd be doing from ingesting that much cabbage.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I didn't need a food scale

I didn't need goji berries either but I ate as many as the birds didn't steal.

I don't suppose I need apple cider vinegar but I do use a lot of it. It's my go to vinegar for salad dressings and pulled pork.