Power walking works!! (50lb weight loss)

Options
Mel3933
Mel3933 Posts: 43 Member
As of today I officially lost 50lbs over the course of 10 months! I'm 5'8 and started at 198lbs and am now 148lbs. I did a few different things here and there especially at the beginning but mostly I lost the weight through power walking. Nothing fancy, nothing crazy just walking. I walk fast and strong and hard but it is totally possible to lose weight through walking. I HATE working out but I love walking outside and that's why I stay committed. I ate healthy everyday and logged my food and that helped tremendously as well. I finally feel comfortable in my own skin after 3 babies, a binge eating disorder and riding the fat/thin roller coaster for years! My goal I set for myself was to lose 50lbs before my 40th birthday in September and I am so happy I accomplished it. I was never able to reach my weight loss goals before so that's big for me. It doesn't stop though. I will continue my walks and eating healthy. Maintaining can be a struggle too but I refuse to undo all my hard work this time!xbq3pkh7zu5a.jpg
ubg9l3yajx3n.jpg

Replies

• RedsGirl73
    RedsGirl73 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Yes, awesome progress.
  • robbinsa188
    robbinsa188 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Fantastic job :)
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    great -love walking too-
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Woooo awesome!
  • MariannePhoto
    MariannePhoto Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Great work!
  • pennygm72
    pennygm72 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, well done!
  • ciclamino1
    ciclamino1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You look incredible! Good job!
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Wow
  • cshinton1
    cshinton1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    How far did you walk everyday?
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE AMAZING
  • stasherella
    stasherella Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Great work. Did you walk everyday and how long?...
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! You look great! I also my weight (80 pounds) mostly power walking and it's helping me maintain and stay fit and slim.

Keep up the great work!
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Nicely done!
  • Mel3933
    Options
    Great work. Did you walk everyday and how long?...

I usually walk 6 days a week from 90 minutes to 2 hours.
  • Mel3933
    Options
    rainbow198 wrote: »
    Congrats!!! You look great! I also my weight (80 pounds) mostly power walking and it's helping me maintain and stay fit and slim.

Keep up the great work!

Yes that's how I know I'll be able to maintain bc walking I actually enjoy and it's so easy. Congrats to you too!!
  • kuksabs
    kuksabs Posts: 55 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    What an amazing progress! And I agree, you look way younger than your age. Looking fabulous!

You speed walk all that time for 90 minutes to 2 hours or do you slow down after an hour?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!