Power walking works!! (50lb weight loss)

Options

Replies

• PureHeavenly
    PureHeavenly Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi mgonzalez400, I love your story. I'm only 20 years old, but have about 100 pounds to lose. Working out in a gym is difficult due to body confidence issues, but I hired a personal trainer. I think I want to incorporate walking into my exercise. Thank you for posting your story!
  • Mel3933
    Mel3933 Posts: 43 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Hi mgonzalez400, I love your story. I'm only 20 years old, but have about 100 pounds to lose. Working out in a gym is difficult due to body confidence issues, but I hired a personal trainer. I think I want to incorporate walking into my exercise. Thank you for posting your story!

I started in the gym for the first month but then membership ended so just took to walking outside more. Everyone is there for the same reason to get in shape so try not to feel bad. You are doing something positive to be healthier so I always admire people I see in the gym. It's the perfect body ones that I think..."b*tch" lol. Only because I'm jealous of course lol. Anyway, I always wanted a personal trainer so definitely take advantage of that. But yeah walking is so simple just incorporate it into your life as much as you can. Best of luck to you :)
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    rainbow198 wrote: »
    Congrats!!! You look great! I also my weight (80 pounds) mostly power walking and it's helping me maintain and stay fit and slim.

Keep up the great work!

Yes that's how I know I'll be able to maintain bc walking I actually enjoy and it's so easy. Congrats to you too!!

Exactly! I also find walking enjoyable and it's effective! And thank you! Keep walking!
  • chunkybunkylady
    chunkybunkylady Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. How far do you walk and how long? Ive started walking daily at my local mall.
  • fposte2016
    fposte2016 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    This is incredibly inspiring! You look amaaaazing and you figured out how to make working out work for you. Nice to know you don't necessarily need to be a runner or do a full on training regimen (tho those obviously get great results too).
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Before I scrolled down I thought maybe the top picture was your after picture. Holy moley! Great results!
  • Mel3933
    Options
    You look amazing. How far do you walk and how long? Ive started walking daily at my local mall.

Thank you!
    I walk between 90minutes to 2 hours. Today I walked for 90 minutes and the app I used said I walked 5.7 miles. That's pretty much the average I do daily.
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!!
  • snooky211
    snooky211 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You've inspired me, as I also dislike most exercise other than walking! I think I will set 4 mile targets all around my house and just explore the city in every direction!
  • aliry209
    aliry209 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I always wondered if walking truly works.. I walk 3 miles about 4-6 days a week .. it takes me about 54 mins ..you look great!
  • Mel3933
    Options
    snooky211 wrote: »
    You've inspired me, as I also dislike most exercise other than walking! I think I will set 4 mile targets all around my house and just explore the city in every direction!

Good for you! That's what I do I walk all over my city. When I walk I like to travel not just go around a circle in a track.
  • Mel3933
    Options
    aliry209 wrote: »
    I always wondered if walking truly works.. I walk 3 miles about 4-6 days a week .. it takes me about 54 mins ..you look great!

Power walking works for sure! Power is the key word though. Gotta add that power to the walk to get results. Good job with the walking and thanks :)
  • Judikim118
    Judikim118 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Looking good
  • EmbeeKay
    EmbeeKay Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Haha I saw your pics first and thought, "Well, she's super young so she's got time on her side." Then I read your post. Almost 40?! Incredible. You look incredible! I love walking too!
  • Mel3933
    Options
    EmbeeKay wrote: »
    Haha I saw your pics first and thought, "Well, she's super young so she's got time on her side." Then I read your post. Almost 40?! Incredible. You look incredible! I love walking too!

Lol thank you :)
  • Wildflowers70
    Wildflowers70 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You are inspiring!! Way to go!
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Truly inspirational.
  • Krystasfocused25
    Krystasfocused25 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Wow, awesome job!!!!! You look like a totally different person!!!
  • trixieberry17
    trixieberry17 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, I also just walk. I'm comfortable walking and I know it's something I can stick too. Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!