Power walking works!! (50lb weight loss)

Replies

• Jakeemblem123
    Jakeemblem123 Posts: 20 Member
    edited May 2017
    Well done Hun such an achievement, & you look AMAZING hard to believe your 40 x
  • Mel3933
    Mel3933 Posts: 43 Member
    Well done Hun such an achievement, & you look AMAZING hard to believe your 40 x

Technically 39 still lol. But thank you so much :)
  • VeggieBarbells
    VeggieBarbells Posts: 175 Member
    Amazeballs - It just goes to show what steady state cardio can do. You look great.
  • valish31
    valish31 Posts: 2 Member
    You look absolutely amazing!
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    @mgonzalez400 Awesome! Thanks for inspiring!
  • aganey
    aganey Posts: 501 Member
    I've been walking around the block pushing my toddler in her stroller. I was also doing 90-120 minutes (depending on her mood) at least 5 times a day and lost 12 pounds in 4 weeks. I've been at a stand still maintaining my weight because I stopped walking for the past few weeks. You have inspired me to get back out there and walk again. I'm close to your stats. I'm 5'7" and started at 191 this go round and I'm currently 179. I want to get to about 140-145

Amazing job and I agree...19-20 years old! No way you're turning 40!!
  • Jilliankosto
    Jilliankosto Posts: 216 Member
    You look amazing, very inspiring!
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    You look in your twenties! Amazing great job!
  • beanjilly4
    beanjilly4 Posts: 13 Member
    Hot mama!
  • Mel3933
    aganey wrote: »
    I've been walking around the block pushing my toddler in her stroller. I was also doing 90-120 minutes (depending on her mood) at least 5 times a day and lost 12 pounds in 4 weeks. I've been at a stand still maintaining my weight because I stopped walking for the past few weeks. You have inspired me to get back out there and walk again. I'm close to your stats. I'm 5'7" and started at 191 this go round and I'm currently 179. I want to get to about 140-145

Amazing job and I agree...19-20 years old! No way you're turning 40!!

I'm so glad I helped to inspire you to start walking again :)
    Pushing a stroller is even harder so good for you and congrats on your progress as well!!
    And thank you it's nice to hear I look so young lol
  • Jesslane93
    Jesslane93 Posts: 190 Member
    Wow fantastic job!. You seriously do not look your age! If you did not say your age I would of assumed you were around my own age early 20's. Crazy, you look fab!
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    WOW - just WOW!
  • ared10
    ared10 Posts: 5 Member
    unreal transformation! do you mind me asking how many calories you stuck to?
  • goldenday
    goldenday Posts: 204 Member
    wow!
  • Mel3933
    ared10 wrote: »
    unreal transformation! do you mind me asking how many calories you stuck to?

1300 calories a day very healthy foods. And like 3 times a month would have a day I wouldn't count calories and eat more relaxed like wine and pizza
  • dorisj717
    dorisj717 Posts: 381 Member
    First off, you looking amazing! Second, I have been power walking (this starts week 5). My legs are killing me today, but it's a good ache. I walk with a friend and we are up to 58 minutes now. We use an app called running to lose weight but we do the intermediate walking part, so far so good!
  • trender1725
    trender1725 Posts: 3 Member
    Your story is good to hear. I want to lose about 20 pounds and just started walking for about an hour. On days I have more time like the weekends I hope to get 2 hours in. Music makes it much easier! Thanks for sharing!
  • The_Movie_Chair
    The_Movie_Chair Posts: 112 Member
    Wow, I am speechless.
  • Mel3933
    dorisj717 wrote: »
    First off, you looking amazing! Second, I have been power walking (this starts week 5). My legs are killing me today, but it's a good ache. I walk with a friend and we are up to 58 minutes now. We use an app called running to lose weight but we do the intermediate walking part, so far so good!

Thank you!
    That's good slowly your stamina and endurance increases which is another benefit I love. I just use an app called pacer which calculates my steps, time, miles and calories burned. It's pretty accurate so that helps me a lot too knowing my progress
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!