can you eat two slices of pizza if it fits in your calories?

Options

Replies

• Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    You can eat everything that fits your calories. (Seems obvious).
  • Wtn_Gurl
    Wtn_Gurl Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Need to add oregano to that pizza!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Yes

Actually I eat three, but because I've switched to ordering a small instead of a large. Save a few calories, have lunch the next day!
  • EricExtreme
    EricExtreme Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I occasionally make my own pizza out of flaxseed/oat pita, home made fat free no sugar added pasta sauce, rice cheese, and 98% lean ground beef. It's guilt free.0h41qku6s2mn.jpg

Unfortunately due to a severe digestive system disorder that is the best that I can do. I can't have dairy, eggs, soy, fruits, veggies, significant sugars, saturated oils, and other things. I have to eat more frequently in smaller quantities. It's either that pizza or none at all unfortunately.
  • crazyycatladyy1
    crazyycatladyy1 Posts: 156 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    There's a local pizza place by me where the thing to do is get your own (full size) pizza and eat the whole thing (they don't even give you plates-just bring them out on the pans and you go at it lol). Each pizza is around 1,200 calories. I ate several of these during my active weight loss phase and still lost 50lbs with not problem.

For weight loss it doesn't matter what you're eating-what matters is that you're at the correct calorie deficit for your weight loss goals.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    yes, but I prefer to make my own on a pita so I can have the entire thing same cals... I'm a volume eater.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I occasionally make my own pizza out of flaxseed/oat pita, home made fat free no sugar added pasta sauce, rice cheese, and 98% lean ground beef. It's guilt free.0h41qku6s2mn.jpg

I eat pizza pretty regularly, including a couple slices of Jet's deep dish yesterday at a spontaneous family picnic and felt no guilt. Why should any food create feelings of guilt? That doesn't seem like a very healthy overall attitude and especially since the OP was concerned about eating 2 slices even knowing that they fit into her calorie goal.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,883 Member
    Options

Roll that up, use real cheese, drop in a few tablespoons of hot sauce, turn it into a burrito ... and some guac and refried beans on the side ... and you'll have something there. :)
  • Wtn_Gurl
    Wtn_Gurl Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    the 2 slices of pizza might not cause you to gain weight, but if that food begins to add weight, and you continue to eat it, then that 2 slices of pizza might not be your best choice. See how it goes over the course of a few weeks whether it slows down your goals or makes no difference.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    2 slices or 8 if they fit your calories! Water weight aside, of course. Pizza is a beautiful food! You can have it all - meat, veggies, dairy, delicious carbs (no cauliflower crust for me) all with no utensils required!
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Only if two slices of pizza fit in the palm of your hand at the same time...
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    The answer to the OP is clearly "yes," but...

The difficulty with pizza is the wide variation in calorie content.