200 + lbs

Options
13»

Replies

• clmathew
    clmathew Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all that information. It does help understand where the suggestions are coming from. I will see how this week goes. Last week my starting weight was an estimate so i actually havent lost any weight for sure. I will add legumes at breakfast. Before this last week i was mostly eating convenience foods high in fat, salt, sugar and calories. Now i am trying to be mostly whole foods plant based. Also diabetic etc etc.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    clmathew wrote: »
    Thank you for all that information. It does help understand where the suggestions are coming from. I will see how this week goes. Last week my starting weight was an estimate so i actually havent lost any weight for sure. I will add legumes at breakfast. Before this last week i was mostly eating convenience foods high in fat, salt, sugar and calories. Now i am trying to be mostly whole foods plant based. Also diabetic etc etc.

If you were eating a lot of higher sodium, higher carb foods last week, you are likely retaining more water than usual and that will mask weight loss (there are a number of other things that also cause water retention such as hormones, certain medications and new or more intense exercise). It's the trend over time that is important. Review your weight loss over a period of 4-6 weeks and you'll have a better idea of what the actual rate of loss is. Then you can determine if you need to increase or decrease your calorie intake.
  • dbkyser
    dbkyser Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I am down 120 and not sure where I will stop. I am actually enjoying this lifestyle that I once hated. I cycle, lift weights and really have my eating under control. This was far from what I ever thought I would be doing. There is no limit on what you can do once you get the scales moving.
  • clmathew
    clmathew Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Thank you tinkerbell!