Options

Replies

• IHCG
    IHCG Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm new. I'm VLCD day 2. down 2.4 :)
  • samanthad2u
    Options
    So I am off the wagon. After my TOM issues a week have starting I have not been able to get right since and have put on all but 2lbs back on. I still have mixed HCG and some that I have not mixed yet. I don't know what to do, should I start again on not. I am so worried about something going wrong now I think I have a mental block on the whole protocol. I have re-read pounds and inches and It does not really say how to handle this, just to up the calories if it is long the 4 days. Do I re-load on go bakc to a VLCD? Man I really need to get it together.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    So I am off the wagon. After my TOM issues a week have starting I have not been able to get right since and have put on all but 2lbs back on. I still have mixed HCG and some that I have not mixed yet. I don't know what to do, should I start again on not. I am so worried about something going wrong now I think I have a mental block on the whole protocol. I have re-read pounds and inches and It does not really say how to handle this, just to up the calories if it is long the 4 days. Do I re-load on go bakc to a VLCD? Man I really need to get it together.
    I'd advise against doing another load day in the middle of Phase 2. I'd be afraid that the abnormal fat that is saturating your blood now plus the fat you intake during your gorge day would cause excessive weight gain. Just go back on protocol and you should be fine. Did you stop taking your HCG during your heaviest TOM days? Brittany threw that notion out and just kept taking the HCG during hers. She didn't want to get out of the habit of taking it.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I'd advise against doing another load day in the middle of Phase 2. I'd be afraid that the abnormal fat that is saturating your blood now plus the fat you intake during your gorge day would cause excessive weight gain. Just go back on protocol and you should be fine. Did you stop taking your HCG during your heaviest TOM days? Brittany threw that notion out and just kept taking the HCG during hers. She didn't want to get out of the habit of taking it.

I have TOM right now also and I have kept on going with the treatments...............I haven't lost pounds, but I am still losing inches. My weight is holding steady at 210.0
  • ephay
    ephay Posts: 74
    Options
    Rob-

Are you certain about no repeats? It only says this - in regards to your second meal.

"Dinner : The same four choices as lunch"

You know, I was under the impression that you weren't supposed to have the same meal 2x in a row either so I've been sticking to that. But when I referred back to the manuscript, this is what I found:

"In America, therefore, low-grade veal should be used for one meal and fish (excluding all those species such as herring, mackerel, tuna, salmon, eel, etc., which have a high fat content, and all dried, smoked or pickled fish), chicken breast, lobster, crawfish, prawns, shrimps, crabmeat or kidneys for the other meal."

So I'm led to believe that you just shouldn't have BEEF 2x in a row due to the fat-content. Any other interpretations on that one?
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    Rob-

Are you certain about no repeats? It only says this - in regards to your second meal.

"Dinner : The same four choices as lunch"

You know, I was under the impression that you weren't supposed to have the same meal 2x in a row either so I've been sticking to that. But when I referred back to the manuscript, this is what I found:

"In America, therefore, low-grade veal should be used for one meal and fish (excluding all those species such as herring, mackerel, tuna, salmon, eel, etc., which have a high fat content, and all dried, smoked or pickled fish), chicken breast, lobster, crawfish, prawns, shrimps, crabmeat or kidneys for the other meal."

So I'm led to believe that you just shouldn't have BEEF 2x in a row due to the fat-content. Any other interpretations on that one?

Yeah, I understand where you get that..............The funny thing is, I have my best losses when I get more beef. I think it is because I eat grass fed beef and it has more CLA which aids in fat burning.
  • Racheld
    Racheld Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sagithia
    sagithia Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind, I am looking for some HCG recipes to curb my hunger. I am tired of the same old same old.

Thanks,

sagithia
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Just do a google search - hcg recipes--and you will find some books and lots of recipes available online.
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    I think there is something wrong with my HCG now................bottle is half gone and using it the same as I have been, but the hunger is coming back.

I ordered another type and it shipped today. Won't be here until next week sometime.................... :sad: :sad: :sad:

What am I to do until then?????
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    Double and triple post WTH???
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    Double and triple post WTH???
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Lioness,

I have never completely been free of hunger at mealtimes. It is just not all-consuming, as long as I pace myself for what I eat and when, and don't skimp on the water and the green tea.

In your case, you know that you had TOM for the first time in months, which is consistent with the effects HCG can have, so there is probably nothing wrong w/your HCG. You said yourself you continued to feel energetic from the time you started the program. If you weren't using the real thing, you would have been weak from hunger due to the VLCD, so I say keep taking what you have been and wait for your next shipment.

(Besides, yours better be the real stuff because I ordered from the same place you did for my second shipment!!!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Barb
  • lorishines
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I am starting to feel like this is bragging when I update my stats because the results are amazing.

I am on day 3 of vlcd and down 3.5 pounds!

Ya know what is VERY YUMMY- ?

Buy some frozen, unsweetened strawberrie (or freeze your own)
    Throw a handful in a blender with 1/2 cup water and handful of ice- ONE PACKET of sacharin (sweet n low is permitted)

It comes out slushy enough to make a great and filling drink!
    I had it with:

steamed spinach chopped up and mixed with chopped chicken breast ON TOP of melba toast. (lots of pepper ,a squeeze of lemon and a dash of salt.)

I was full - and its completely protocol safe!

I have been getting the feeling of a gurgly tummy- empty but not hungry
  • Skinnytime
    Skinnytime Posts: 279
    Options
    Better than sweet n low or other chemicals is stevia. I have been using it to make a frozen coffee which is totally free! Freeze some coffee in an ice cube tray. Place the coffee cubes, just enough water to get a nice smooth consistency and 1 /2 packet of stevia in a blender (I use a nina) and pulse until smooth.
  • Skinnytime
    Skinnytime Posts: 279
    Options
    I posted this on diet and nutrition, but I thought I'd post it here for you guys. I just looked at the label for Philips Special crab meat from BJs. It has only 40 calories, 10 grams of protein, 0 fat and 180mg of sodium for 2 ounces. If your looking for something quick to keep in the fridge for a quick meal, this is it!. You can probably even add it to broth and make a great soup!
    I thought is was a nice way to stay on protocol, but have something a little different.

My taste buds think we've gone to gourmet heaven on this diet. Lobster, crab, scallops, grass fed organic beef, Pellegrino. I love it.
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    I posted this on diet and nutrition, but I thought I'd post it here for you guys. I just looked at the label for Philips Special crab meat from BJs. It has only 40 calories, 10 grams of protein, 0 fat and 180mg of sodium for 2 ounces. If your looking for something quick to keep in the fridge for a quick meal, this is it!. You can probably even add it to broth and make a great soup!
    I thought is was a nice way to stay on protocol, but have something a little different.

My taste buds think we've gone to gourmet heaven on this diet. Lobster, crab, scallops, grass fed organic beef, Pellegrino. I love it.

Yes, I know. That is the one thing I love about this plan (when I feel like being creative) and what I always loved about clean eating low carb eating...............It is luxurious!!!
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    You HCG guys are very tempting! :wink: Scallops? Lobster? Did someone call my name? :love:

Honestly, I've been a bit of a forum stalker. I've read pretty much every post in this thread! I've been stuck for going on three months at 218-223 pounds. Doesn't seem to matter what I do - one week I lose, the next week I gain.

After seeing the successes here, I started researching HCG. I'm a worrier, so I looked at the possible side effects and they are pretty scary! How do you guys justify using HCG with some of the possibilities? Eek.

I'm contemplating an HCG try ... but I think my mind would be sick with worry of what could happen to my body. I'm sure I'd lose weight ... but is it worth risking my health otherwise? Gah. I don't know. I've tried other supplements - Tonalin CLA, GNC beHOT, Acai Berry ... not sure why I have my brakes on so heavy about HCG ... lol
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    After seeing the successes here, I started researching HCG. I'm a worrier, so I looked at the possible side effects and they are pretty scary! How do you guys justify using HCG with some of the possibilities? Eek.

wondering the same thing
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    The hormone human chorionic gonadotropin (better known as hCG) is produced during pregnancy. It is made by cells that form the placenta, WOW :indifferent: i will just stay with this site and watching calories :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!